Author Topic: Where is the Mail Protection Wizard - Need to Fix Win98 Setup Problem  (Read 6914 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Where is the Mail Protection Wizard - Need to Fix Win98 Setup Problem
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2007, 06:52:46 PM »
I still couldn't see where to find the Mail Protection Wizard.
Run: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashPopWz.exe

Something I noticed though. Even if the heuristics tab in the Internet Mail resident is set to anything but custom, the fact that the heuristics-advanced tab is faded out, doesn't meant that its switched off right ? The AV will still detect a virus is in the address book if it tries sending more than 10 emails within 30 seconds ? It might seem like an odd question but its just that I usually associate faded menu with something which is turned off.
If you don't change any of the default settings, the Advanced tab of Heuristic settings will remain disabled, i.e., default values.
The best things in life are free.

E

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2007, 09:31:51 PM »
Thanks, i finally found the wizard, although the option to change settings manually was faded out, the second option down was to remove the avast configuration, so I did that and checked to see if the Internet Mail system in Avast stopped, which it did and then I reactivated it by selecting the top option in mail wizard to automatically configure it again.

If you don't change any of the default settings, the Advanced tab of Heuristic settings will remain disabled, i.e., default values.

Oh, so disabled/default values means that the heurisitc-advance settings will still work if an email tried to send itself from the address book a certain amount of times within a few seconds ?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 09:44:59 PM »
Oh, so disabled/default values means that the heurisitc-advance settings will still work if an email tried to send itself from the address book a certain amount of times within a few seconds ?
Unless you disable Heuristic in the main (not Advanced) tab of settings.
The best things in life are free.