Author Topic: Scan database  (Read 3103 times)

alexia

Scan database
« on: March 08, 2004, 03:14:10 PM »
I wich to know if avast scan files at database of Lotus Notes.
If avast scan all files with .nsf extension??
Somebody can Help me...
It´s URGENT!!!

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:Scan database
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 03:29:30 PM »
If you are asking whether avast! scans the content of the archives, then it probably doesn't - unless Lotus Notes use a common format for their databases. In any case, you can try yourself - go to the program settings, turn on the creation of the report file, check the "OK files" to be included as well in the report - and scan one of these files (preferably with a "Thorough" scan, archives included) - and you will see in the report what was scanned.

alexia

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 04:08:36 PM »
Igor, Lotus Notes uses  extensions *.nsf, what i want to know if avast scan this extensions??

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004, 04:19:47 PM »
Sorry, but I still don't know exactly what you need.
avast! doesn't specifically scan .nsf extension - it doesn't consider this extension to be anything special. So, it will not be scanned during a "quick" scan. However, if you select a Thorough scan (or in the Enhanced User Interface, you specify the task to scan all the files), all the files are scanned.
However, if you are asking if avast! scans the content of .nsf files (i.e. what is inside the database, speaking of the database as an archvie (such as ZIP)), then I say I don't know - because I don't know what format use Lotus Notes. I think avast! doesn't know this format, but I can't say it for sure. However, you can simply try yourself - as I described above.