Author Topic: Improvement suggestions för Avast One Essentials  (Read 1724 times)

Offline pastzenith

Improvement suggestions för Avast One Essentials
« on: February 28, 2022, 02:46:42 PM »
Hi, first of all thanks for offering such a great product for free for home users like me.

I should not have to hoover over the icon to get confirmation that Avast is ON. When its off you show an "x"symbol to warn me. Reasonable that you have a green check-symbol when its on. Like ie the Windows Shield icon has to (without hoovering) inform that all is well.

When I hoover the Avast icon in the activity field it should show, not Avast One, but Avast One Essential (since thats what I am using) + Version number. On the next line please desrcibe when virus definitions were last updated.

I found the Avast Shield Control when right clicking the icon and it states "all shields are on". Perfect!

Just some humble suggestions.

Free Avast One Essential | Free Voodoshield (whitelisting) | Free Who´s On My WiFi | Free Whostalkmycam64

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Improvement suggestions för Avast One Essentials
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 12:47:12 PM »
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Offline The Hoarse Whisperer

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 06:59:16 AM »
May I add my suggestion for improvement? I'd like the Smart Scan to run without my intervention. Making me constantly click on buttons to move on to the next phase of the scan is a really stupid idea, and achieves nothing other than my annoyance and frustration. It's as if Avast One is a needy dog, requiring constant validation. I'd like to run a Smart Scan while I go and make a cup of coffee, but I can't.

Just make it a simple, inclusive process that reports at the end if anything needs attention. That's all we need.

Thanks.
Windows 10 Home x64 :: ASUS P6X58-E PRO :: Core i7-965 @ 3.20GHz :: 12 Gb DDR4 multi-channel RAM :: 1TB SSD :: 4TB HDD :: GeForce GTX 1070 :: Sticker that says "Do not open this box. You have no idea what you're doing."

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 10:44:06 AM »
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Offline Martin Smrt

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2022, 11:29:41 AM »
Just make it a simple, inclusive process that reports at the end if anything needs attention. That's all we need.

You can in fact start the Smart Scan and go make yourself a cup of coffee. The scan will run through all the components in the background and when you come back, you can review the results by clicking through your results without further delays. Thanks for the feedback though, it shows that this wasn't clear.