Author Topic: New Browser version 99.0  (Read 4463 times)

Offline Jana Ernekerová

• Avast team
New Browser version 99.0
« on: March 10, 2022, 05:05:43 PM »
Hello everyone,

We’re pleased to announce that we have released a new version of Avast Secure Browser (ASB) for Windows - version 99.0. This version will be rolled out to all users over the coming days.

This version includes major Chromium update and many fixes, including the following:
  • Improved the way how we handle translations in the browsers and it’s now much quicker
  • Fixed problems with syncing data from the other Browsers
  • Improved the stability of the Browser
  • Some minor design improvements and fixes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to get this latest version
If you have ASB already installed, it should be updated automatically (feel free to visit ‘secure://settings/help’ to trigger an update faster)
Alternatively, you can download and install ASB from our official site:
https://download.avastbrowser.com/external/avast_secure_browser_setup.exe

We hope you enjoy the changes we have made, and as always we would love to hear your feedback. Please try our Browser also on your other devices. Next to Windows version, it is available on iOS, Android and MacOS platforms, and with the Avast sync, you can synchronize the settings on all of them. You can download the MacOS version here, more information for iOS see here (English locales only), and for Android here or go straight to the App Store or Google Play Store

Offline Luukjr

Re: New Browser version 99.0
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 12:03:53 PM »
Hello everyone,

We’re pleased to announce that we have released a new version of Avast Secure Browser (ASB) for Windows - version 99.0. This version will be rolled out to all users over the coming days.

This version includes major Chromium update and many fixes, including the following:
  • Improved the way how we handle translations in the browsers and it’s now much quicker
  • Fixed problems with syncing data from the other Browsers
  • Improved the stability of the Browser
  • Some minor design improvements and fixes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to get this latest version
If you have ASB already installed, it should be updated automatically (feel free to visit ‘secure://settings/help’ to trigger an update faster)
Alternatively, you can download and install ASB from our official site:
https://download.avastbrowser.com/external/avast_secure_browser_setup.exe

We hope you enjoy the changes we have made, and as always we would love to hear your feedback. Please try our Browser also on your other devices. Next to Windows version, it is available on iOS, Android and MacOS platforms, and with the Avast sync, you can synchronize the settings on all of them. You can download the MacOS version here, more information for iOS see here (English locales only), and for Android here or go straight to the App Store or Google Play Store.

Thanks for the new Windows version. I really like it. It's much faster than the previous one, and that's  great.

My comment about the IOS version;
I've used the IOS version for a few months on my IPad, but wasn't satisfied with it. My point of criticism is the layout. It seems to me that the developer made a copy of the desktop version, which doesn't work on Ipad for me. It's too cluttered and should in my opinion be redesigned to be more intuitive in use.
Soft: Avast Premium Security  / Avast Cleanup / Malwarebytes Premium

Offline bigtom

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 01:04:56 PM »
I checked if some of the bugs I reported years ago got fix and no:

* webpages are still breaking, e.g. uschovna.cz
* still extremely slow when connected over the LTE USB modem (professional MS Edge has always worked perfectly)
* adblock still useless

new after today "upgrade"
* in the bank mode, the Links row does not contain the text, just the correctly sized buttons and icons - another untested product got to the customers.

Offline Leafs

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2022, 11:32:47 AM »
new after today "upgrade"
* in the bank mode, the Links row does not contain the text, just the correctly sized buttons and icons...

I noticed the same thing last week. Folder titles (names) in the Bookmarks Bar are no longer displayed, only the icons.

Offline Jiří Malina

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2022, 09:15:06 AM »
Hi Leafs,

Please can you send me what browser version and Avast version you are using? Thanks!

Offline Leafs

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2022, 01:51:18 PM »
Avast Secure Browser is up to date
Version 99.0.15399.85 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Please note that Bookmarks bar displays Folder icons and names correctly when using regular ASB. However, when using Bank Mode, only the Folder icons are displayed.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 02:10:57 PM by Leafs »

Offline Jiří Malina

• Avast team
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2022, 10:48:37 AM »
Hi Leafs,

I tried it and I found out that the text colour of the bookmarks is similar to the background colour of the bank mode making it almost unreadable. Can you please confirm that you experience the same?
If yes we are right now in the middle of fixing this so it should be ok in one of the next builds.

Offline Leafs

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2022, 10:44:14 AM »
I believe you are correct and the text colour appears to be the problem. I just noticed that the same issue is happening with the tabs for open windows while in Bank mode.

Please note that I updated ASB this morning. Current version installed is:

Version 100.0.15718.76 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks

Offline bigtom

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2022, 12:00:21 PM »
After the upgrade to 100.0.15794.89, the items on the top links line have dark grey color on even darker grey background. Not readable. But the submenus that open under them have black text on the white background, i.e. OK.
Uschovna.cz still breaks.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2022, 09:26:22 PM »
After the upgrade to 100.0.15794.89, the items on the top links line have dark grey color on even darker grey background. Not readable. But the submenus that open under them have black text on the white background, i.e. OK.
Under settings> appearance what are your settings?
Mine is set to light and I'm not seeing any problems.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline MorningGlory

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2022, 07:34:08 PM »
Just got the file, installed version 100. When it went out?

Offline bigtom

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2022, 12:18:05 PM »
Under settings> appearance what are your settings?
Mine is set to light and I'm not seeing any problems.

Mine is also set to light. I also tried dark and the problem is the same. Btw. other web pages are also broken every now and then. But I have been reporting to Avast this uschovna.cz over the past years, because it is reliable and it breaks every time. It seems to be loading and displaying normally, I see the same page as in the Edge, but then in the last second the layout completely breaks.

Offline Leafs

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2022, 12:50:27 PM »
I believe you are correct and the text colour appears to be the problem. I just noticed that the same issue is happening with the tabs for open windows while in Bank mode.

Please note that I updated ASB this morning. Current version installed is:

Version 100.0.15718.76 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks

Issue fixed, thanks.