Author Topic: Is Avast just crooks and thieves?  (Read 1704 times)

Offline denisovartur

Is Avast just crooks and thieves?
« on: March 16, 2022, 06:31:22 PM »
Hi. I'm from Belarus and have bought Avast Ultimate in 2021 (~120 days left for 10 PCs). And after sanctions against our country I can neither download nor reinstall the program. Technical support does not reply on my request the third day.

I understand that Avast decided to play the Court and I am a criminal without a crime. OK.

But why:
- no one notified me about changes in the user agreement?
- are you going to return my money or you are just crooks and theives?

Offline bilnrobn12

Re: Is Avast just crooks and thieves?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 02:30:44 AM »
Just a thought... Are restrictions on Russia ,due to the war, preventing Avast from sending money to your country?
Bill in Oz
I dream of a day when chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Offline denisovartur

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 04:38:20 AM »
1. I'm from Belarus and my bank is still not banned (Belarus-Swiss Bank).
2. How they can declare our agreement null and void unilaterally without even notice me officialy?
3. Even if my bank is banned (it's not correct but ok) why the side of our agreement doesn't inform me about problems with money transaction and doesn't request card number withoutsuch  restrictions? I prefer to transfer these money to child hospis in Ruanda than make a gift to these crooky motherfuckers.

Offline The Hoarse Whisperer

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 06:44:26 AM »
Maybe ask Mr. Lukashenko why your country is being lumped together with Russia. Frankly, it's difficult for multinational companies to tell where one country ends and the other begins.

Oh, and a little advice for you: if you want a company to give you money, it's probably best not to call them "crooky motherfuckers" until after you get their cheque.

Good luck to you my friend.
Windows 10 Home x64 :: ASUS P6X58-E PRO :: Core i7-965 @ 3.20GHz :: 12 Gb DDR4 multi-channel RAM :: 1TB SSD :: 4TB HDD :: GeForce GTX 1070 :: Sticker that says "Do not open this box. You have no idea what you're doing."

Offline denisovartur

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2022, 07:18:24 AM »
"if you want a company to give you money, it's probably best not to call them "crooky motherfuckers" until after you get their cheque." (с)

It's probably best but not in this case. They just stopeed support for such users and don't even reply at requests. No justice, no agreement, no service, mo money.  And just hypocritical humor from my "friend".

And I totally don't understand why Mr. Lukashenko is a cause for Avast  don't return my money. No service - no problem. But we are talking about a crime of Avast company.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 07:22:11 AM by denisovartur »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline denisovartur

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2022, 09:40:02 AM »
"Avast's response to the war in Ukraine" with theft of its clients' money. Good-good. No controversions. Covering one crime with another is so classic for the Western style of mind.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 12:05:03 PM by denisovartur »

Offline bilnrobn12

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2022, 02:43:31 AM »
If I were in your position I would be more concerned about your country's support of Russia and the war crimes they are committing daily than in a few dollars that you believe Avast owes you.
Bill in Oz
I dream of a day when chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2022, 11:28:20 PM »
"Avast's response to the war in Ukraine" with theft of its clients' money. Good-good. No controversions. Covering one crime with another is so classic for the Western style of mind.

Well, the point of these sanctions is that people of affected countries start demanding from their own government to stop attacking innocent countries. In this case Russia and Belarus attacking Ukraine. Instead of blaming Avast, maybe you should start by blaming your own government that decided to help Russia with access to northern Ukrainian borders.

Sanctions only work if it's great inconvenience for the entire sanctioned country. That unfortunately involves you as well. That's kind of the point of the sanctions. Or would you prefer to have the kind of war Ukraine is experiencing, but from NATO forces? I think not.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog