Author Topic: Noadware  (Read 9408 times)

elcoiro

Noadware
« on: December 08, 2007, 03:35:33 AM »
The software "Noadware" is not a virus, but Avast thats afirm yes a virus.

www.noadware.net is a excellent antispyware. And dont could be considerated as virus.

Is false positive.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Noadware
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 04:24:50 AM »
What is the malware name, the infected file name, where was it found e.g. (malware name, C:\windows\system32\infected-file-name.xxx) ? 

Check the avast! Log Viewer (right click the avast 'a' icon), Warning section, this contains information on all avast detections.

Noadware seems to have a chequered history, http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#naw_note.
Whilst it has been de-listed there are many free anti-spyware application that don't have this history. http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#trustworthy

Others, SUPERantispyware On-Demand only in free version. Or AVG anti-spyware (formerly Ewido) Resident scanner during trial On-Demand after trial ends. Or Spyware Terminator Resident scanner.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 03:06:08 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

elcoiro

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 09:38:11 AM »
Sign of "Win32:Spyware-gen [trj]" has been found in "C:\Programas\NoAdware5.0\NoAdware5.exe" file. 

I think there must be some confusion with the fake program site wxw.noadware.com

The noadware 5.0 of site www.noadware.net is an excellent program. Very simple and efficient and reliable, which now is the essential point of the matter.

Attachis the log on site VIRUSTOTAL with that verification thar any of antivirus main detection this file as virus.

I already use this program for two years and never had problems of adware and only had a false positive, and that it is normal.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 01:48:44 PM by elcoiro »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 12:30:57 PM »
Code: [Select]
www.noadware.comPlease edit the live link to a fake site.
Dr. Web reports it as clean but SiteAdvisor, as fake.

I already use this program for two years and never had problems of adware and only had a false positive, and that it is normal.
As a workaround, you can add these files to the Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning) exclusion list.
Left click the 'a' blue icon, click on the provider icon at left and then Customize. Go to Advanced tab and click on Add button...
You can use wildcards like * and ?. But be carefull, you should 'exclude' that many files that let your system in danger.
The best things in life are free.

elcoiro

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 02:06:03 PM »
And it will be giving to report to Avast that noadware is not virus?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 02:15:15 PM »
And it will be giving to report to Avast that noadware is not virus?
Sometimes, just posting here is enough.
Maybe you can 'Report to moderator' of my post and tell about the false positive reporting.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 03:24:06 PM »
Sign of "Win32:Spyware-gen [trj]" has been found in "C:\Programas\NoAdware5.0\NoAdware5.exe" file. 

I think there must be some confusion with the fake program site wxw.noadware.com

The noadware 5.0 of site www.noadware.net is an excellent program. Very simple and efficient and reliable, which now is the essential point of the matter.

I don't think there was any confusion as there are a number of domains mentioned including the noadware.net. I messed up the original post, which I have edited as it didn't include the url for the noadware entry.

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#naw_note).
Domains: no-adware.com, noadware.biz, noadware.net, no-adware.net

(Note: other domains associated with NoAdware include: adware-free-download.com, adawareinfo.com, adwarenomore.net, adware-real-free-scan.com, adware-removal.biz, adwareremoval.net, free-adware-remover.org, free-adware-removal.net, free-adware-remover.org, free-adware-scan.com, free-spyware-check.com, nomorespyware.net, online-spybot-scan.com, spybotfinder.com, spyware-destruction.com, the-spyware-adware-remover.com,  thespywarepros.com) [A: 6-26-04 / U: 11-17-04]

Attachis the log on site VIRUSTOTAL with that verification thar any of antivirus main detection this file as virus.

I would say the jury is still out on that as not only avast detects it but 6 others also. So it is up to you what you have running on your system and you can exclude it from scans as Tech mentions, but if you want avast to analyse it, then you should send it for analysis. Rather than hope it will be picked up on the forums as you can't analyse what is on the file 'you' are using in the forums.

Send the sample to virus@avast.com zipped and password protected with the password in email body and possible false positive in the subject.

Signatures are continually added and updates so it is entirely possible to have something you used before which is now detected.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

elcoiro

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 03:35:07 PM »
Signatures are continually added and updates so it is entirely possible to have something you used before which is now detected.
When I said I used it for 2 years and had no problems, referred me to the quality of the program noadware and not the fact that Avast not detect how the virus.

Thanks for responding.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 03:41:55 PM »
No problem, welcome to the forums.

Rafel

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 08:12:21 PM »
I don't trust a program with no address, no contact phone, nothing. Is suspicious.

chevelle

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 03:39:26 PM »
Again false alarm ... I will now send an email to Avast! :-\

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=34549.0

Rafel

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 05:38:08 PM »
False alarm?
Download that program is a illness yet,hehehe.
If i am reseller of a product and i ear a 75% of the product price, how they develop that program, the maintenance?

chevelle

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 11:17:15 PM »
Not understand what you mean. The NoAdware5 (www.noadware.net) is not virus. Despite being an application little known and have an interface somewhat antiquated, it is an excellent antispyware with great effectiveness.

He is to spyware as Avast is for the virus, if I do understand.

There is a program with the same name, but from the site (wxw.noadware.com) that is virus.

Previously mentioned to me that the site has no address, but here in Portugal there are several telecommunications companies that has no address on the site, now companies were not low cost.

Edit: Link edited to avoid infections
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 01:47:04 PM by chevelle »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 11:50:34 PM »
He is to spyware as Avast is for the virus, if I do understand.
Just to let you know that avast is both antivirus and antispyware nowadays.
Hope they correct the false positive. Although, it will be useful not to post live links to malware or false positives here in forums.

Dr. Web says that site is clean.