Author Topic: Adding providers after installation?  (Read 4462 times)

ptweasel

Adding providers after installation?
« on: March 10, 2004, 02:30:02 AM »
I installed Avast Home about a week ago, and at the time I was just wanting a basic on-demand scanner.  Since then, I installed it for a friend and installed all of the providers, and would like to use them on my own computer as well.

So, is there any way to add the email/P2P/IM providers without doing an uninstall/reinstall?

I tried running the install program again, and then clicking the "Change" option, but when I click next, I just get "The product was successfully updated".

Thanks!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Adding providers after installation?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 02:38:42 AM »
Yes, go to Control Panel.
Choose Add/Remove Programs applet.
Choose avast! antivirus and click on the button change.

When the window popup, choose 'Change' and select the new providers (you must be connected to the Internet).

If this not work, maybe you have an old version of the setup file. Try to download the 4.1.357 and run the setup.

Wellcome  ;)

The best things in life are free.

ptweasel

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 02:51:10 AM »
That does the same thing.  I select "change", then hit next, and a box comes up that says "Update Finished" without ever giving me the option to change anything.  I downloaded the latest setup file after that, and it also does the same.  

Oh well, uninstalling/reinstalling is no big deal, and certainly doesn't make me like the program any less.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 12:42:08 PM »
That does the same thing.  I select "change", then hit next, and a box comes up that says "Update Finished" without ever giving me the option to change anything.  I downloaded the latest setup file after that, and it also does the same.  

Oh well, uninstalling/reinstalling is no big deal, and certainly doesn't make me like the program any less.

Ptweasel, this happens sometimes to me too  :'(
Not only with language packs but there is anything in the setup file - I don't know what, we must ask the programmers - that after some 'updates' we cannot use the setup file again. I have complained this in the past... but I give up. Like you said, never mind, uninistall and install again. I suggest you copy your avast4.ini and avast4.mdb files, your *.html and *.txt (notes in emails)that you edited to not lose 'all' your settings.  :-*
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 01:02:43 PM »
Just a guess - isn't your avast! key expired?