Author Topic: Error message after upgrading in Vista  (Read 7299 times)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Error message after upgrading in Vista
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 02:22:12 AM »
First can you confirm you have a broadband (always on) connection ?

If so I don't know if having the UseRAS and AssumeAlwaysConnected both at zero (which is I believe the default) might somehow invalidate the connection delay, try changing the AssumeAlwaysConnected=0 to AssumeAlwaysConnected=1, reboot and see if that has any effect.

You didn't directly answer Tech's question about do you use an internet proxy to connect to the internet, you just said the connections are correct. Can you answer that question ?

I would be really helpful if we ask a detailed question you give a detailed answer as we are chasing a problem that shouldn't be that much of problem to resolve so we need to know as much detail as possible.

Tech also asked:
Quote from: Tech
4) Please, post the last 100-150 lines of avast log: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\Setup.log

After making the change to avast4.ini I suggested, reboot and if the error reoccurs check the log and post the last (chronological order) 100-150 lines (bottom of the file).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

cmarte

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 03:49:53 AM »
Life is worth living again.

Changed the 0 to a 1 for AssumeAlwaysConnected as you told me and the error message no longer appears.

Should I take out the line you asked me to insert: "AlwaysConnectedWaitseconds=120"?

Yes, I always use an internet proxy to connect to the internet and the broadband connection is always on.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 04:16:57 AM »
No, if you removed that I believe you would see the error again. It seems as I thought not having the AssumeAlwaysConnected=1 somehow invalidated or ignored the AlwaysConnectedWaitseconds=120 setting.

Either the proxy needs authentication and the username and password aren't set or the proxy isn't completely established when avast is checking for updates (the delay should allow that to happen) or the AssumeAlwaysConnected= being 0 invalidated/ignored delay setting.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 12:35:56 PM »
Should I take out the line you asked me to insert: "AlwaysConnectedWaitseconds=120"?
No, let it there. Two minutes for the antivirus update will reduce stressing while login.

Yes, I always use an internet proxy to connect to the internet and the broadband connection is always on.
Did you configure it into avast proxy settings or you've let them automatic?
Which are the address and port number used? Which is the application proxy (if it is a local one)?
The best things in life are free.

cmarte

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2007, 03:10:55 AM »
The error message has not returned. I greatly appreciate your help in correcting my system. You quickly recognized what the problem was and told me how to fix it despite my meager knowledge. Thanks.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2007, 03:33:10 AM »
Your welcome.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2007, 09:13:10 PM »
The error message has not returned. I greatly appreciate your help in correcting my system. You quickly recognized what the problem was and told me how to fix it despite my meager knowledge. Thanks.
You have the great knowledge of asking... you've asked in the right place... I won't call it meager...
The best things in life are free.