Author Topic: Unable to have unified remote on PC  (Read 1914 times)

Offline Peter121

Unable to have unified remote on PC
« on: July 12, 2022, 04:32:14 AM »
Latest version of Avast One with latest version of Unified Remote server on PC.  I am unable to find a place with Avast One setup to exempt this PC/smartphone remote access from working as intended.  I cannot find the PC server with Avast One enabled. Disabling all Avast One services allows me to access the server from my smartphone

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Unable to have unified remote on PC
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 09:22:09 AM »
Hi,

Could you temporarily disable the firewall in Avast One and see if that makes a difference?

Offline Peter121

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 12:25:12 AM »
It does.  I can use the remote as intended.  It is only when Avast One is enabled.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 08:25:06 AM »
Hi,

In Avast One, make sure that Unified Remote Server is not blocked (Firewall >Apps)
Also, ensure that in Avast One, the network is set to "Trusted".

Offline Peter121

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 03:56:26 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

"Trusted" network did it!!  Never noticed it being "Untrusted".  Thank you so, so much.  I disabled Avast One and used this approach too often, so having this solution not only made a huge difference in my procedures but also in computer safety.

Offline Peter121

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2022, 04:04:58 PM »
Hi,

In Avast One, make sure that Unified Remote Server is not blocked (Firewall >Apps)

;D ;D ;D

"Trusted" network did it!!  Never noticed it being "Untrusted".  Thank you so, so much.  I disabled Avast One and used this approach too often, so having this solution not only made a huge difference in my procedures but also in computer safety.
You are my hero of the day!!  Thanks again.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 04:10:14 PM by Peter121 »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2022, 08:37:56 AM »
Hi,

;D ;D ;D

You are my hero of the day!!  Thanks again.

You are welcome. You might find this explanation useful. https://support.avast.com/en-ca/article/antivirus-firewall-faq/?option=one#idt_2130