Author Topic: DVPAPI.EXE (Command Software Systems, Inc or Authentium, Athenium Inc.)  (Read 4286 times)

srjmsbnd

I read of the literature online I could in 20 minutes (i read fast type slower) so my conclusions is that this is 1. not part of Avast or the Windows Xp system.

My question is which software packages would it be part of because just sitting there it looks all guilty.

PS I was able to disable it on loading it has not seemingly affected anything adversely yet is interesting because I never did bizness with those people so far as I know perhaps they are secret contracter for the liliputians trying conquer the world from the Bushies in D.C.

P.S.S. My sense of humor is strange because I don't see humans and any way should I NUKE the little critter?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 06:25:25 AM by srjmsbnd »

CharleyO

Re: DVPAPI.EXE (Command Software Systems, Inc or Authentium, Athenium Inc.)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 07:21:50 AM »

What anti-virus program did your computer have before avast?
What is your internet service provider?

The answers for the above questions could be relevant to whether or not you should remove it.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 04:07:32 PM »
dvpapi.exe ?

dvpapi.exe is a process belonging to Authentium Antivirus. This process should not be removed to ensure that your system is secure

So as CharleyO asked but expanded slightly. Have (or did) you another AV installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 06:50:30 AM »

In my research several days ago, I found that many IPS's use this file when providing security and that is why I asked for the IPS that srjmsbnd uses. Unfortunately, srjmsbnd has not come back to let us know.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 03:10:14 PM »
Yes a shame, as the answer might just help others in the future and not just srjmsbnd.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security