Author Topic: New outgoing email stamps?????? Creating havoc.  (Read 1214 times)

Offline bht2

New outgoing email stamps?????? Creating havoc.
« on: August 08, 2022, 08:26:41 PM »
Hey, Avast seems to have created a problem very recently, at least for people like me using Mozilla for email, and Microsoft 365 as an email server.  Maybe others.

Somehow, over the weekend, you have changed whatever you insert into the background of outgoing email which creates "bare line feed characters," which are rejected by about one-third of the servers of my intended recipients, beginning this morning.

After a lot of research, I turned off the Avast scan of outgoing email, and the problem ended.  But there are threads developing all over the place about this problem which began over the past few days.

Just FYI.

Offline Jakub Dubovic

• Avast team
Re: New outgoing email stamps?????? Creating havoc.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 12:14:40 PM »
Hello bht2,

Thanks for reporting the issue! A fix is on the way.

Offline goaloh

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 04:15:42 AM »
THIS ONLY LOOKS LIKE IT IS WITH SMTP.OFFICE365.COM SMTP SERVERS and avast .  I tried smtp2go and it works fine, with avast in the background.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 04:17:30 AM by goaloh »

Offline HK

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 02:51:38 PM »
Hello bht2 and goalog!

New beta version containing the fix was released yesterday. If you want to try beta version its installers are available on this topic:
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=320722.0

The production version (not beta) will be available around the last week of August. We are also preparing an update for the current 22.7 version.

Thank you for reporting the issue.
Best regards,
HK