Author Topic: Suspicious Message! Avast! Virus Warning  (Read 6336 times)

PermiaN

Suspicious Message! Avast! Virus Warning
« on: December 16, 2007, 05:58:21 PM »
I received a file from a friend on MSN Messenger and without looking I double-clicked, suffice to say it was a virus.

I keep getting the Avast! Virus Warning Suspicious Message! box and it's driving me mad as it's impossible to do any work. Also friends have told me that they've received messages from myself on MSN Messenger that I know I haven't sent, they are along the lines of "Please can you upload this picture of me to my profile."

I did a full scan (which took over a day!) and removed the only found virus but still I keep getting the suspicious message warning constantly.

Please can somebody help rid myself of this problem.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Suspicious Message! Avast! Virus Warning
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 06:55:10 PM »
You appear to have an undetected or hidden trojan spambot sending out emails.

What is your firewall as that too should be able to block unauthorised outbound connections ?

If you haven't already got this software (freeware), download, install, update and run it, preferably in safe mode.
1. SUPERantispyware On-Demand only in free version. Or AVG anti-spyware (formerly Ewido) Resident scanner during trial On-Demand after trial ends. Or Spyware Terminator Resident scanner.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Suspicious Message! Avast! Virus Warning
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 08:59:26 PM »
Besides what David said, you can schedule a boot time scanning with avast. Start avast! > Right click the skin > Schedule a boot-time scanning. Select for scanning archives. Boot. Other option is scanning in SafeMode (repeatedly press F8 while booting).

If you still detecting any strange behavior or even you're sure you're not clean, maybe it will be good to test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest AVG or Panda.

Also, if you still detecting strange behaviors or you want to be sure you're clean, maybe making a HijackThis log to post here and, specially, scan and submit to on-line analysis the RunScanner log would help to identify the problem and the solution.
The best things in life are free.