Author Topic: How can I report the suspicious?  (Read 3913 times)

VeleSila

How can I report the suspicious?
« on: December 17, 2007, 08:17:27 AM »
I know that there is a E-mail adress for sending suspicious. But my e-mail  always head off the my mails because of the suspicious. Are there any other ways for us to send the suspicious?

VeleSila

Re: How can I report the suspicious?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 08:21:15 AM »
Could I upload the suspicious in the "viruses and warms" of the form?
If you have an FTP adress for us to upload is the best~

If I haven't encrypt the zip, you still check the files which I send for you, right?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 02:41:23 PM »
Is it suspicious or infected?
Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

Can you send the samples to virus@avast.com ?
You can zip and password the files... Inform a link to this thread and the password used.
You can send the files to Chest and, from there, resend to Alwil for analysis.
Thanks.

You can use Alwil FTP server as a second way to transfer only big files. Upload them to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming (please, note that you won't have READ access to the ftp server, just write - so you won't even be able to see what you've just uploaded).
Note that uploading the files to FTP, without additional contact, is not a good idea. The FTP is not monitored - so unless they're expecting some files, they won't really see them.
The best things in life are free.

VeleSila

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 09:42:42 PM »
There aren't any screenshot of error messages. I have 2 e-mail adress. But when I send the suspicious, both of them will tell me that I send a mail with suspicious/infected , they can't let me send it out.

Finally, I hope you could pay a little more attention to the ftp server... :'(

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 01:04:59 AM »
But when I send the suspicious, both of them will tell me that I send a mail with suspicious/infected , they can't let me send it out.
Did you use winzip (or other zip program) and password the files before you sended them?

What program told you that the files where suspicious/infected?
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

VeleSila

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 04:20:10 AM »
95% of the Chinese who use internet will use the IM --Tencent QQ. The Tencent company has its own E-mail server. When I send the suspicious, it will alarm that the the mail contains some virus ect.  So I can't  send it through the QQ E-mail server.
I also have the other E-mail --163. But I found that the e-mail which send by 163's e-mail server always can't be received.
I don't want to regester another e-mail adress. So I hope if I use the FTP server, you may receive them in time.

Some of my friends who often send suspicious to you said that sometimes the Avast may identify the  after they send the suspicious for twice or more and wouldn't  identify them in time(maybe a few days later). You guys are lazy sometimes?   :(
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 04:22:36 AM by VeleSila »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 03:33:42 PM »
You are missing the point of why the sample is being detected by your email server. If the QQ E-mail server is able to detect the virus then you aren't sending the sample in a password protested zip file.

If it were password protected then the scanner wouldn't be able to extract the sample to scan it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 10:42:04 PM »
When I send the suspicious, it will alarm that the the mail contains some virus ect.
Disable the Internet Mail Heuristic analysis... Or configure it according to your needs.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 11:42:10 PM »
When I send the suspicious, it will alarm that the the mail contains some virus ect.
Disable the Internet Mail Heuristic analysis... Or configure it according to your needs.

It isn't about avast  Heuristics alarm, this is about sending undetected/suspect samples to avast as the preliminary posts state and the users ISP mail scanner is alarming/detecting the sample sent (because I believe it isn't sent in a password protected zip).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security