Author Topic: changing file permissions set by AVAST  (Read 1196 times)

Offline wakehoo

changing file permissions set by AVAST
« on: November 02, 2022, 01:25:36 AM »
I am developing software using Microsoft Visual Studio.  Avast marked a dll file created by Visual Studio as a threat and quarantined it.  I selected the restore and add exception option so this would not happen again...but it did.  So, I selected the delete file option, thinking that recompiling the code would restore the dll file.  Now, the folder is denied access to Visual Studio so that it cannot copy the dll from an obj/ folder to a bin/ folder.  I have administrator privileges on my computer and have full control over all of the files on it.  None of the files are marked with restricted privileges, and, yet, Visual Studio is not allowed to copy the dll file into the bin/ folder.

How do I fix this?

Respectfully submitted,

wakehoo

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: changing file permissions set by AVAST
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 02:33:38 PM »
Hi,

Are you using Avast One or Avast Antivirus Free/Premium?

Do you perhaps have a screenshot of the detection notification you received from Avast? Does the "folder is denied access" message come from Avast? Can you ad a screenshot of the " folder is denied access" message?

Offline wakehoo

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 11:17:32 PM »
I am using the free version of Avast One for Windows.  I am no longer receiving a detection notification from Avast.  The "access to the path" message is coming from Visual Studio when I attempt to build a project.  A screen shot of the error message from Visual Studio is attached.

Offline wakehoo

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 11:36:29 PM »
I am interested in the solution to this problem, if there is one.

In the mean time, I have uninstalled AVAST ONE for Windows.  I can now build my project with Visual Studio without interference from AVAST.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2022, 11:25:02 AM »
Hi,

Can you please reinstall Avast One, temporarily disable File Shield (Explore>Device Protection) and see if the issue is still occurring? If there is no issue, try with File Shield enabled.
If you get any notifications from Avast, please take a screenshot and provide a support file. https://support.avast.com/en-gb/article/submit-support-file/