Author Topic: Avast premium keeps making my laptop CPU run high  (Read 591 times)

Offline info230

Avast premium keeps making my laptop CPU run high
« on: December 25, 2022, 03:07:09 PM »
Hi,  am new to this forum but not new to Avast premium security.  The last couple of months,   for some reason,  the premium security ends up continually making my laptop CPU run at over 80% to 95%.  I know its this,   task manager clearly shows this.  What stops it is if I fully uninstall,  then go through instsll again and re enter activation key and go again.   I had to do this yesterday then its alright for a while,  but again this morning its back running very high CPU so uninstalled then re installed and now it is fine again running between 3 and 5%. 

I am getting fed up with having to keep doing this but there is no reason for it to happen on my laptop.  I am a low end user,  not a gamer etc.  I do like the premium security but its a nuisance to have this keep happening and hearing the fan running a max.

I have run full scans,    full health check with ccleaner etc,  no obvious reasons for this to keep happening. Has anyone else had this happen regularly.  I'm a basic user and not a whizz kid so keep replies and suggestions in easier terms to follow,  Cheers.