Author Topic: Avast Premium Security spams me with annoying notifications  (Read 1358 times)

Offline 203

Avast Premium Security spams me with annoying notifications
« on: January 25, 2023, 08:10:36 PM »
I bought a premium license for 1 year for avast security.
Now let me ask you a question; what is wrong with that trash software?
I buy premium and even then I get spammed with notifications regarding buying the cleanup tool and the driver tool and what not?
That is a real scumbag move, Avast.
I'm about to uninstall your annoying software with your bloatware concept.
Why do I even spend money on a license, when getting spammed again and again?
No, I don't want your registry cleaner and your useless stuff.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Premium Security spams me with annoying notifications
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 10:17:33 PM »
You can go into the Avast UI > Menu > Settings > General > Personal Protection.  Here you can uncheck what you don't want in regard to Offers etc.

As an Avast Free user - I have very limited options in this area, but you as a Paid user should have more options which you can uncheck.

Personally I believe these should be unchecked by default in the Paid product.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline 203

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 11:58:02 AM »
Thanks.
There is no personal protection section and under personal privacy / Offers everything is deactivated. Anyway I get those ads for Avast snake oil add-ons. Plus the Avats concept regarding what's included in premium and what not is confusing. They shill thier VPN and the other features that should be included in premium but then they want 3€ a month extra for it. I wish I had bought bitdefender, they know what they do. Avast is just a mess. Man, even this forum software here is bad and the captchas make me go crazy.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2023, 01:04:14 PM »
The captchas are only for the first 3 posts an anti-spam measure.

Whilst I'm using Avast Free, it is in the 'General' section in, Personal Privacy, a sub-section of that.  As far as I'm aware that is/was where it was in the Paid version/s of Avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline 203

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2023, 12:27:26 PM »
This software is really for retarded people?
I regret buying it.
Messages like a big popup "thread prediction for 2023". Then while using photoshop a popup "we protected you from photoshop deleting a file" OK OK? (overwriting a file with photoshop)...
LOL... what is this? I'm sitting here laughing about the Avast concept. This is hilarious.