Author Topic: How do I roll back to an earlier version of Avast?  (Read 2080 times)

Offline OilCanHarry

How do I roll back to an earlier version of Avast?
« on: February 11, 2023, 11:06:08 PM »
I updated to Avast One and it broke a workaround I had for an intermittent problem.

One of the updates to Avast Free a few months ago caused an intermittent problem that caused all Avast windows to display at 640x480 – I think; something primitive for sure – and of course the windows can't be resized. If I scanned a particular file through the context menu, the result window display at the bottom right of my monitor – unmovable, unresizable, and this unclosable. The workaround I found was to click to display the results, which opened the main interface and automatically closed the annoying little window.

Avast One breaks that. Now that button to display the results no longer exists in any visible part of the little window. If I open the main interface and Rube Goldberg my way to the scan results, the little window remains. It will not go away. Marvin K. Mooney was more amenable to relocating.

Now I have to restart my computer to get rid of that unresizable, unmovable, unclosable little window.

How do I roll back to Avast Free so that I at least have my workaround available?

P.S. How about a verification window that I can read without a magnifying glass?

Offline OilCanHarry

Re: How do I roll back to an earlier version of Avast?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 07:40:01 PM »
Oh, and I can't check whether the program needs updated because the resolution issue makes it impossible to see most of the interface whenever it occurs.

Here's an idea: make the window resizable. Why on earth would it be unresizable?

Offline OilCanHarry

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 06:47:32 AM »
And now I can't update definitions because clicking on what used to open the problem dialog opens a new window.

WTAF is this garbage?

Offline OilCanHarry

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2023, 05:52:33 PM »
And now, after repairing Avast, the main interface window has shrunken even more and the sparkly garbage is still blocking the Messages icon.

Since I'm apparently entirely on my own with this problem, I'll stop wasting time here.