Author Topic: Avast home drivers for Vista (ultimate)  (Read 14835 times)

florart

Re: Avast home drivers for Vista (ultimate)
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 06:10:09 AM »
Yes, and thank you all very nuch, the latest version of Avast fits perfectly with Vista......... but now I discovered that is my moden that does not fit!! The system accepted the installation without protesting, but once I try to open it, it blows a blue screen and restart.
I tried to locate updated drivers for my Alcatel USB speedtouch 330 modem, but no result.
Is anyone of you able to tell me if this modem has been supported for Vista? and in case I have to change modem do you have suggestions based on your experience? Thanks again

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 09:25:14 AM »
Click on the download link below, these are the latest Vista drivers for your modem and should work ...

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/MODEM/OTHER-MODEM-DRIVERS/Alcatel-SpeedTouch-330-USB-Driver-4102-WHQL.shtml
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 09:27:13 AM by Darth_Mikey »

florart

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2007, 06:49:18 AM »
Thanks Mickey, I appreciate your help. In fact with these new drivers I was able to instal the modem, but I still cannot get to internet. Opening the modem property screen, I receive the message: "The device function correctly. Impossible to identify the secondary device connected with the hardware, the identification number is not valid"
If it fuctions correctly!! it should work...........I honestly do not understand the second part of the message. Do you have any idea?.......thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2007, 08:08:59 PM »
Did you try to go to Windows Update and update your drivers (software) from there?
Generally, they are optional software to install.
The best things in life are free.

florart

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2008, 06:48:13 AM »
No, unfortunately no, I cannot connect to internet with the Vista installation. I reinstalled the modem, and this time the system says that the device functions well. But still cannot connect to internet. There must be something wrong I do but do not know what........I'll need a detailed descriptions of the procedure to create an ADSL connection with Vista, that seems to be a little different from XP. There is an icon "MyISP" that I do not know how and if I should use it, is it only for ethernet connections? I thanks you again and wish you a great 2008!!!

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 12:25:11 PM »
Since we don't know who your ISP is, and what type of internet connection you have it's kinda hard to guess what you need to set up.
Best advice i can give you is to call your ISP support and ask them for directions, i'm sure they'll help you out since that is their job.
I'm guessing they also have instructions at their website, so you can try that aswell.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 12:34:31 PM »
On Vista, most things should be automatic (recognizing the network, etc.). Like Mikey said, better is have a specialized technician to see your computer like the automatic way is not working.
The best things in life are free.