Author Topic: aswidsagent.exe causing Windows problems despite Avast Free uninstalled  (Read 862 times)

Offline Justyn

Hi,

While diagnozing my Windows 10 system's poor performance with Windows Performance Analyzer, I found out that a service called aswidsagent.exe, which I found out is Avast-related, is the service causing MOST page faults.

The thing is I used to have the free version of Avast antivirus software, but I don't have it installed on my Dell Precision 7510 laptop ANY MORE.

I decided a run clean uninstall with Avast Clear app. Not only has my problem remained unsolved, but also now on each boot of my Windows 10, BIOS shows a "Choose an operating system window" where I am to choose between "Windows 10" and "Avast Antivirus Clean Unistall"!

PLEASE HELP ME TO GET RID OF THIS message slowing down the start of my system, and to get rid of aswidsagent.exe.

Will be hugely grateful for any help, I use my laptop for my work and already lost tons of time solving this and getting my processor hogged constantly...

Best regards,
Justyn