Author Topic: NEW Avast version 23.3  (Read 14200 times)

Offline corttex

Re: NEW Avast version 23.3
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2023, 09:01:27 AM »
Often when restarting or shutting down PC avastui.exe has to be ended manually. Version 23.2 works fine.

Offline Gaëtan6

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2023, 01:25:25 PM »
Update done, my Windows 7 no longer starts.
I tried the repair with the installation disc but it doesn't work anymore. Renaming the aswRvrt.sys file to aswRvrt.old the error drops to another file and so on if I continue until it crashes with no message.

Offline lcc

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2023, 03:47:19 PM »
Often when restarting or shutting down PC avastui.exe has to be ended manually. Version 23.2 works fine.

I can confirm this issue.

Offline GEGEPING

• Ma Galerie Flickr
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2023, 03:49:21 PM »

Hi,

On Seven, w8.1 or other  :o

Gerald
RIP Bx TZD TURBO 520140kms le 15/08/2015 et 26ans
Xantia ok jusqu'en 2026 et la C3 même punition@:
Dédicace à une fille merveilleuse Chloé qui a bien grandi:-)
Tonton d'une nièce nommée Chloé ^^ et du Mathieu dit le chinois

Offline han.henderikse

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2023, 03:14:15 PM »
I installed this most recent update to Premium Security under my Windows 7 OS, rebooted... and when I clicked on the tray icon to view the Avast interface menu, I get a totally black screen.  Nothing to click on or interface with.  When I hover my mouse over the tray icon, it shows "You are Protected".  So the software seems to work fine, except that there is no software interface available, as I stated above.  This seems like a compatibility issue with either Windows 7 (I have service pack 1), or some other software conflict with another program or computer configuration.  I had no problems with any past updates until this one.  Go figure.

Same issue here, I also get a white pop-up window bottom right wich is unreadable and always on top. Cannot close it.

Offline lcc

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2023, 03:57:00 PM »

Hi,

On Seven, w8.1 or other  :o

Gerald

Hi! w8.1. And not "often" - every time when rebooting or shutting down/
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 03:59:07 PM by lcc »

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2023, 02:14:13 PM »
Here's the latest reply I've received from Avast on this problem:
"In progress, however we stopped upgrades to the 23.3 version to lower the impact.Fix should be hopefully ready (after testing) on Monday afternoon(or Tuesday)."
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v24H2 64bit, 32 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 24.4.6112, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Peter252

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2023, 07:20:30 PM »
I installed this most recent update to Premium Security under my Windows 7 OS, rebooted... and when I clicked on the tray icon to view the Avast interface menu, I get a totally black screen.  Nothing to click on or interface with.  When I hover my mouse over the tray icon, it shows "You are Protected".  So the software seems to work fine, except that there is no software interface available, as I stated above.  This seems like a compatibility issue with either Windows 7 (I have service pack 1), or some other software conflict with another program or computer configuration.  I had no problems with any past updates until this one.  Go figure.

Same issue here, I also get a white pop-up window bottom right wich is unreadable and always on top. Cannot close it.

Thanks for corroborating my issue.  I also get unreadable blank pop-ups I can't close.  Now waiting for the fix.

Offline Peter252

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2023, 01:35:27 AM »
"In progress, however we stopped upgrades to the 23.3 version to lower the impact.Fix should be hopefully ready (after testing) on Monday afternoon(or Tuesday)."

It's almost Thursday here, and I haven't seen or heard of a fix from Avast yet on this issue.  Someone mentioned uninstalling and re-installing the graphics drivers have resolved the issue with other customers, but I did that and got the same black screen.  FYI, my OS is Win 7 and my Avast had updated to the April 4th version 23.3.

Have you heard of any recent progress from Avast for a fix?  Thanks.

Offline han.henderikse

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2023, 08:31:48 AM »
Hi Peter, same here.
Should I buy a new PC? Because there are no updates for my graphics. Does Avast tell me that?
That can't be the throught.
It's time they give some information or expectance when the update will be available to fix this bug.

Offline Peter252

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2023, 02:38:17 PM »

I was going by your statement that Avast has stopped updates to 23.3, and decided to uninstall Avast completely, reboot and then re-install Avast using an online installer (pulling all updates from Avast, not from an offline installer), reboot again, and then got the same black screen once again - and I checked, this version is at 23.3.8047.0.  Is Avast really working on this issue?  Many people are having this problem, so the fix must come from Avast, not on our end.  Any new progress info from Avast would be much appreciated!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 03:27:43 PM by Peter252 »

Offline Peter252

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2023, 08:26:28 PM »
Hi Peter, same here.
Should I buy a new PC? Because there are no updates for my graphics. Does Avast tell me that?
That can't be the throught.
It's time they give some information or expectance when the update will be available to fix this bug.

Hi Han.  You may try restarting your computer now.  I did, and I got the interface to Premium Security back... but later it went back to black screen.  I think it's unstable whatever the problem is.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 08:49:03 PM by Peter252 »

Offline jamesaweier

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2023, 05:12:26 PM »
When Avast updated recently to 23.3, it now causes a blank black screen when you open the Avast application. So, I uninstalled Avast, updated my video card, Nvidia GeForce video card, reinstalled Avast, but issue persists. So, I uninstalled Avast again. Installed AVG and issue with that antivirus is the same too, same black window when opening the application. Also, since AVG is owned by Avast, this is probably expected. So, I uninstalled AVG too. Currently using Windows Defender as my antivirus. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I expect this issue is prevalent on lots of systems based on this forum thread. No problems with 23.2, but problems exist with 23.3. Don't know what your programmers did, but hopefully they get this issue resolved soon. You need to allow us to download the previous version of Avast, 23.2 until this issue is fixed.

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2023, 06:20:26 PM »
I must admit, upgrading from Avast Free 23.2 to 23.3 on Win10 was not straightforward for me either when I did it.

Whilst it installed, I could not open the UI from start menu, desktop icon or taskbar icon. Infact the taskbar icon was totally inaffective.

It was only after doing a repair and several (at least 3) restarts that it eventually came good.
That took some time and was not the normal easy update process I have come to expect from Avast.
I am not surprised they halted the update to investigate.

The previous version can be found on filepuma here: hxxps://www.filepuma.com/download/avast_free_antivirus_23.2-34593/
Sorry, just realised that link is only to the stub installer so will be of no help.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 06:23:15 PM by rocksteady »

Offline petr blatny

• Avast team
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2023, 08:11:46 AM »
Hello, related to black UI, we found out that in majority cases reinstallation of graphic driver helps. This issue is caused by new CEF, we are reverting it in version 23.4.