Author Topic: general question: do you use behavior shield and if so, does it work?  (Read 968 times)

Offline Tom610

I would be interested to know if some of you are actually using behavior shield (BS).

From my experience this component does not only lack the use of wildcard at every place necessary (only at the end) but it also seems that exclusions for BS will only work if they are defined under "all scans and protection modules" or whatever it is called in english (we only use/see german).

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
Re: general question: do you use behavior shield and if so, does it work?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2023, 12:32:13 PM »
We use the Behavior Shield on all our customers without any exclusion on most of them.

Offline Tom610

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2023, 12:45:55 PM »
So you probably don't have same application setups with overlapping with diffrent customers?

We deal with around 80% GOV customers, several of them are using pretty special applications, nothing comparable like MS Office etc.. So we have for instance 10 customers using special application A, 20 customers using special application B and so on...

The majority of BS problems comes with these special applications since they are only used in germany and only by GOV customers.

Do you know any way of testing BS without using customer applications in order to trigger BS funcationality? I want to test if exclusions really work with BS...

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2023, 12:55:19 PM »
Do you know any way of testing BS without using customer applications in order to trigger BS funcationality? I want to test if exclusions really work with BS...

I'm afraid that you need the customer application to test it and see why BS detected it as a threat and try to see is an exlusion works.

Offline Tom610

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2023, 01:12:58 PM »
No problem, already got in touch with customer support. Hope they can prepare something since I ask how the developers are testing BS... they also must have some tool/application set for testing BS... I assume, we'll see.