Author Topic: Avast Secure Browser is missing Digital Signature ... lol how trustworthy  (Read 3314 times)

Offline jcd

Honestly ASB doesn't look like a secure software (or browser or whatever) at all after seeing this ... especially if your own other software points that out lol

BTW ASB is up to date ... as the cut off I pasted over the original screenshot shows.

Offline Jiří Malina

• Avast team
Thanks JCD for reporting this issue.

We will try to reproduce it and let you know the progress about it.
I apologise for any inconvenience this done to you.

Offline jcd

You're welcome. Noticed it couple weeks ago, but because I'm not using ASB all that much ... only once in a while to access bank account through ASB Bank Mode ... I wasn't bothered to deal with that. Now I was doing usual software updates and updated even ASB. Seen that it keeps having this issue so I checked the forums and after not seeing it there yet, I reported it.

Still, seeing when Avast Antivirus says that Avast Secure Browser isn't "secure" ... well I had some good laught there. I know you're supposed to be taking this seriously, but it's a funny moment.

Just in case, here are the details about Antivirus.

Offline Jiří Malina

• Avast team
Thank you for additional info. I'm sure it will help determine the source of the problem.