Author Topic: Screenshots  (Read 1746 times)

Offline nad760

Screenshots
« on: July 01, 2023, 07:32:14 PM »
I am new to this forum so I apologize if this has been answered previously. While in "Bank Mode" on a PC, is it possible to take a screenshot? I've tried different ways holding certain keys but to no avail. Thank you for any assistance.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Screenshots
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2023, 01:05:21 AM »
Whilst I don't use the Avast Secure Browser.  So I can't test.

I would think that a Security Based Browser like ASB may look with suspicion on taking screenshots of banking sites.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline ondrejz

• Browser QA Team
  • Avast team
    • Avast Secure Browser
Re: Screenshots
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2023, 05:43:54 PM »
I am new to this forum so I apologize if this has been answered previously. While in "Bank Mode" on a PC, is it possible to take a screenshot? I've tried different ways holding certain keys but to no avail. Thank you for any assistance.

Hi, yes that is one of the features of Bank Mode. This protects your data from being stolen.

If you want to make a screenshot, you have 2 options:

In Bank Mode...

1) Add a screenshot app to the bank mode environment (taskbar), run it and then you can use it inside the bank mode.

2) Or add mspaint.exe from the System32 folder of Windows. Open it and then you can paste the screenshot that you make via Print Screen key. Save it as a new file on your disk and it's done.