Author Topic: Avast keeps reinstalling itself  (Read 1435 times)

Offline hfheard

Avast keeps reinstalling itself
« on: July 08, 2023, 08:05:23 AM »
I am trying to uninstall Avast.  I AM using the Avast tool Avastclear and it does not work.  I have used it in safe mode using both my Windows account and the Administrator account.  Each time it appears to  be completely off my PC, nowhere to be found in either Startup, Services, Program Files folder or anywhere I look.   It then reinstalls itself after about 5-10 minutes.  Is there any way to completely delete this program?

Offline Arthur151

Re: Avast keeps reinstalling itself
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 05:15:12 PM »
I have exactly the same problem, also used Avastclear, in safemode, etc., but it keeps re-installing itself, i am getting a little tired with trying to remove, so tired i might end my subscription as soon as i get it removed. Please any help...

Offline dnimon

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2023, 03:10:04 PM »
Try the FREEWARE version of Revo Uninstaller and see if you have better luck that way.

Offline Tarjafan

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2023, 02:09:58 PM »
Hello,
Long story short: I ended up formatting hard drive and reinstalled system to get rid of it. AVAST never again.

literally last saturday I was experiencing the same. Because last week AVAST passwords stopped synchronizing for me between PC and android. I tried to contact support about it. No answer, so I decided to end my recently renewed subscription for all services, since it was in last 30 days hopefully I get my money back. No answer about it either so far.

I tried same things you did + all the advices on support page + the REVO to no avail. I even dig up some files in system folder that REVO has not found and deleted them. AVAST kept coming back... Same symptoms cca 10-15 min after restart.

Offline Arthur151

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2023, 02:52:28 PM »
Wow, i hope not having to do that.
I am in contact with Avast support, lets hope they can come with a decent sollution.

Offline Tarjafan

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2023, 02:56:10 PM »
If they manage to help you. I would like to know the solution just out of curiosity. If you you remember post it here. Btw today I received response about AVAST desktop applications. They are about to return me the money. At least some good news.

Offline Çağın Furkan

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2023, 10:33:32 PM »
I have this problem too, I can't delete it at all. It reinstalls automatically after 10-15 minutes.

Offline Arthur151

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2023, 05:50:21 AM »
I will get back to you if/when they have a sollution for me

Offline New_Style_xd

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2023, 06:12:33 PM »
How can this problem have not yet been solved. Is someone from Avast seeing the comments about the problem?
OS: Windows 10 PRO / Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU 2.60 GHz.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security: 24.2.6104 (compilação 24.2.8904.819) IU: 1.0.799
Moble: Avast Security: 24.3.0-1004091
VPN: Avast SecureLine VPN: 5.29.9498
On Demand: Malwarebytes: 4.6.9.314