Author Topic: How to access a website on the Blacklist, without putting it on the Whitelist?  (Read 820 times)

Offline Tomas CD

Hi,
here or there I access a certain site, which is full of commercials and stuff what Avast don't like, so when I'd came to the site, usually about 80 warnings came up before I was done there. I'm not joking, 80 or more – I didn't even bother to close it, so it just keeped counting.

I don't really like the site, but with the way Google currently works, the links I'm looking for can't be find anywhere else, so I usually find what I need and finally close it.

But yesterday I've noticed that the whole page is on the "Blacklist" now and can't be accessed at all (which makes sense considering what I've written above). When I reluctantly put it on the "Whitelist", I got access to the page, but almost no warnings came up this time, so I wasn't protected from the most of potential threats there.

So my question is simple:

Is it possible to somehow explain to avast that I want to access the page itself, but without it immediately ignoring everything what's going on there?

Thank you for your answers.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Taking a risk in whitelisting the site before asking what to do is not without risk.

The problem as I (an Avast User) see it, when you visit that page it must have lots of external 3rd party links (which are active), some of those could be considered harmful and as such Avast Alerts.  So when you connect you aren't just connecting to that page.

Avast mush have had a lot of detections from connections from this site to now block that rather than the 80 or more alerts you spoke of.

I would never whitelist a site without full information

Unfortunately there just isn't enough information to give a specific answer.
The most helpful would have been a screenshot of the Avast Alert with the Details option selected and attached to the post.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security