Author Topic: Web Shield/Android 13  (Read 2432 times)

Offline Sarecee

Web Shield/Android 13
« on: July 16, 2023, 11:37:48 PM »
Hey Community,
Web Shield keeps turning off and I have to manually enable again and again. Somebody have any solutions??
Also, it's worth mentioning, in battery settings I've tried adding Avast to 'Never Sleeping Apps' list but Avast isn't even an option in list of apps but it's listed in the apps page in android settings. Maybe one has to do with the other?
My device is: Galaxy S22 Ultra
Thanks in advance!
Sarecee

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Web Shield/Android 13
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2023, 02:19:56 AM »
I believe it has more to do with the Samsung/Galaxy severe battery optimisation I have been fighting this on Samsung Galaxy phones as far back as Android 10/11 and I got it again the update to Android 13 came along.  Avast warns it is off, but when you check is (Web Shield) is enabled for it is flip flop with the settings.

Over the years I shudder how much I have spent on Samsung phones and they are also loaded with apps I can't get rid of.

My next phone won't be a Samsung an expensive phone that you really don't have ownership of.

There are several such old topics about this and as far as I'm aware no one has found a definitive answer/solution to this pain in the rear.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 05:43:10 PM »
@Sarecee my report (@DavidR is aware) of same issue here: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=324044.
So the issue continues with later Samsung Andriod versions, which is dissapointing.

Offline Sarecee

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2023, 02:48:26 AM »
Thank you for your feedback on this issue. It's definitely disappointing to say the least. I have been a loyal Samsung fan for years so I understand the frustration. It's not the first time I've had issues with what seems to be samsungs battery optimizations since I've had the Galaxy S22 Ultra. I will look at your report rocksteady, thanks for sharing.
You guys have a wonderful week!
Sarecee