Author Topic: unapproved refund request  (Read 956 times)

Offline bo'rakan

unapproved refund request
« on: August 23, 2023, 01:40:22 PM »
greetings :) i did a boot-time scan by avast on the date of Aug 14 2023 at 08:07 GMT+3 and found two files that required analysis of : 1- PDF:PhisingX-gen[phis] , 2- Other:Malware-gen[tri] , but instead of the analysis report requested i recieved an E-mail about refund request Avast Customer Care -18893601 and replayed to them by E-mail that maybe it was a mistake from their side and am actually happy with my use and subscription of avast , so today i recived another E-mail from Avast Customer Care -18893601 about the same topic that requests my paypal info for the refund like which is double weird this time for me  :o , so i had to come here and inform such topic , i request avast forum on what is happening please , thanks !

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: unapproved refund request
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2023, 02:23:14 PM »
Sounds like a scam to me, someone attempting to get you to give up your PayPal details.

Check the email header - senders address to confirm, if you didn't request a refund then logic would suggest it's a phishing attempt.

Offline bo'rakan

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2023, 02:49:12 PM »
Sounds like a scam to me, someone attempting to get you to give up your PayPal details.

Check the email header - senders address to confirm, if you didn't request a refund then logic would suggest it's a phishing attempt.

hey craigB , i got a screenshot link from the E-mail i mentioned, you might want to see this :

https://imgur.com/jr0mieD

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2023, 02:58:09 PM »
You'll need to wait for an Avast team member to reply to confirm if it's legit.

Offline Ognjen3

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2023, 07:10:06 PM »
Hi bo'rakan,

I'm sorry to hear that there's been some confusion regarding the communication you have received from Avast.

I have escalated your query internally. One of my colleagues will get back to you soon and they will help you clarify the matters you have listed in your opening post.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us,
Ognjen