Author Topic: Contradiction between settings in core shield page and geek area page  (Read 477 times)

Offline Harry S.

Hi,

In the Setting page of Core Shields, for malware and unwanted program & tools, there are two settings called ‘fix automatically’ and ‘ask’. For option ‘fix automatically’, as there is a chance for Avast to delete something automatically, I went to the geek area page and change the actions taken long time ago.

In the past, after my manual settings in the geek area, both the circles of ‘fix automatically’ and ‘ask’ option in the core shield page will be empty (i.e. no green color), indicating neither options are chosen. After my Avast free has been updated to version 23.8.6078, I take a look on the core shield setting page, the option ‘fix automatically’ is in fact chosen by unknown reasons (green color). However, I check the geek area page, the setting is still what I previously set, that means replacing ‘delete’ with ‘ask’ for the 3rd step.

It will be my pleasure if users can share their observations and experience:

1. Is this a situation that other users encounter?

2. Since the setting in core shield page and geek area page is contradictory, if Avast really finds a malware, which instructions will Avast follow? The order in setting page(repair, quarantine, delete) or the order in geek area (repair, quarantine, ask)?

Additional information:
1. My window version is window 10, 22H2.

2. I didn’t repair and re-install Avast before reporting here. If possible, I would like to find out whether this is my unique problem or it is a systematic bug first.

3. I don’t examine the setting page frequently, therefore I am not sure whether the contradiction between core shield setting page and geek area starts in older version (say Avast 23.7) or not.

Thank you for reading my post. Have a nice day.