Author Topic: [Solved] is it possible to bulk import a list of websites for blocked websites  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Somebody

Hello, is it possible to import a large list of malicious domains/websites into the Webshield blocked websites feature that some avast one has not caught yet?
i've tried looking for a file that handles it but didn't find any, only found a weird WEBSITE.DB file that had no content in it.

Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 10:47:08 AM by Somebody »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
The link given by Pondus, won't actually do what you are asking "is it possible to bulk import a list of websites for blocked websites".
Avast doesn't have that feature and it would have to be maintained as an out of date list isn't worth much.

The Avast Web Shield is the primary defence against malicious websites, etc. and that is constantly maintained by Avast.

What Pondus is suggesting is (I believe), if there is a website that you feel is malicious and isn't detected by Avast then you can report it to Avast for investigation and inclusion if required.

No Idea why you are using such a large text ?
If visually impaired fine, otherwise it is considered shouting.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security