Author Topic: Avast free virus  (Read 716 times)

Offline Peppe2

Avast free virus
« on: September 24, 2023, 05:36:34 PM »
Hi everyone. Every time I open my computer and go to Chrome, Avast notifies me of this virus. Can anyone help me get rid of it? Thank you
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 06:07:00 PM by Peppe2 »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast free virus
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2023, 06:02:50 PM »
Hi everyone. Every time I open my computer and go to Chrome, Avast notifies me of this virus. Can anyone help me get rid of it? Thank you
ibb.co/1mXNFkR

First break the link to a suspect site to avoid accidental exposure to the curious as I have in the quoted text, just post the domain name - not to mention is is actually promoting the site - web search engine crawlers.

I take it that you weren't intending to visit that domain - if not then it is likely in your browser cache or cookies.  Try clearing the browser cache and cookies, restart the browser and monitor.
Does that resolve it  ?

If not try running the browser with Add-ons/extensions disabled and report.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Peppe2

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2023, 06:09:44 PM »
ibb.co/1mXNFkR

First break the link to a suspect site to avoid accidental exposure to the curious as I have in the quoted text, just post the domain name - not to mention is is actually promoting the site - web search engine crawlers.

I take it that you weren't intending to visit that domain - if not then it is likely in your browser cache or cookies.  Try clearing the browser cache and cookies, restart the browser and monitor.
Does that resolve it  ?

If not try running the browser with Add-ons/extensions disabled and report.

forgive me I didn't know how to show the photo, however I removed the link. I'll try it now and let you know

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2023, 07:30:58 PM »
Attaching Images to your post - When you Click the Reply button it opens a text window for you to post your comment (reply or post).
Click the Preview button, that shows what you have input and expands it to include 'Attachments and other options'. Click that it further expands, here you can attach images, etc. at the bottom of your post.
See my attached image, click to expand.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security