Author Topic: NEED SERIOUS HELP WITH BROSWER  (Read 838 times)

Offline Momin2

NEED SERIOUS HELP WITH BROSWER
« on: September 25, 2023, 01:22:36 AM »
I am buying a new laptop and really want to find a way to transfer all data from this laptop to another laptop including the browsing history of the sceure browser.

PLUS

i want change browser and am wondering if i can take all the info from avast including broswing history and transfer it to another browser like brave.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: NEED SERIOUS HELP WITH BROSWER
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2023, 02:59:23 AM »
I would suggest this link for general information - https://www.avast.com/en-gb/secure-browser#pc
- there is some information on the Avast Secure Browser:

Also see - Sync your browser data across all your devices
You can sync your history and bookmarks between your desktop and mobile devices, all while fully encrypted.
https://platform.avast.com/asb/sync2?browser_locale=en

I hope this helps as I don't use the Avast Secure Browser so I can't speak from personal experience.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline ondrejz

• Browser QA Team
  • Avast team
    • Avast Secure Browser
Re: NEED SERIOUS HELP WITH BROSWER
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2023, 04:00:53 PM »
Hello

Correct, I also recommend using Sync. Turn it on from browser settings or via icon on toolbar (Creating Avast account is required). Enable syncing all the data and confirm. Then you should be able to login under your Avast account on another device and once you turn on sync, the data should be synchronized.

Not sure if other browsers import history, you must do your own research. Why are you thinking about moving to other browser? Is there anything you miss in Secure Browser? Or anything annoying? Your feedback will be highly valued! Thank you

Ondrej