Author Topic: SONOMa: No Internet connection until I deactivate Proxy DNS and Proxy Trust  (Read 2409 times)

Offline acondequ

Hi,

Just upgraded to SONOMA and after a lot of troubleshooting, there is NO internet connection until I deactivate two of the 3 basic shields. Please advice.

Offline inesorella

Re: SONOMa: No Internet connection until I deactivate Proxy DNS and Proxy Trust
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2023, 08:26:18 PM »
I have same problem, I had to uninstall avast

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
Hello,
We are aware of the issue; however we do not yet know the root cause, as we are currently unable to reproduce it.

According to the available information, this issue is associated with the use of wired network connection (Ethernet); we are not aware of anyone who encounters this with Wifi. Switching to Wifi supposedly fixes this issue.

On Sonoma, we suggest disabling Avast One's Web Hijack Guard, Avast Antivirus's Real Site (in Core Shields) or AVG's Fake Website Shield. If you have further issues, please contact our support.

EDIT: POSSIBLE ISSUE: if the workaround above does not work, and you are one of the people for who the Ethernet connection is not visible in System Settings->Networking (or stays red), if you are using Apple Silicon, please note that it seems that in some cases the dialog through which you need to allow your dongle to connect to the machine does not properly pop up. This was seen eg. when multiple users are logged in. This can lead to your dongle looking normal, but being ignored by MacOS. You can test that in System Settings->Privacy and Security->Allow Accessories to Connect; if you remove the dongle, switch  the setting to "ask every time", and insert it, a popup asking you to allow this dongle should be displayed. 

Please if you can, send us support package (https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/submit-mac-security-support-file/#mac), ideally with adding info about whether the networking setup you have conforms with our current information, and whether you have some unusual hardware setup (eg. specific dongles etc.).

We apologise for this problem; we have been testing Sonoma with our product during the whole beta cycle and we have solved multiple MacOS issues with Apple; however we have never encountered this issue.

Kind regards,
Ondrej Kolacek
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 05:32:16 PM by ondrej.kolacek »

Offline inesorella

Hi,
Does Not work with ethernet or wifi connections, I proved with both.
I still doesn't have internet connection, the only way is uninstalling avast premium security

Offline inesorella

Hi,
Does Not work with ethernet or wifi connections, I proved with both.
I still doesn't have internet connection, the only way is uninstalling avast premium security

In both cases the connection is green and available, but I cant navigate. And even I deactivated dns proxy, appear by itself
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 02:33:00 PM by inesorella »

Offline acondequ

This is what I had to do.

* Go to Basic Shields, you see three shields
* Turn Web Shield (middle one in case of different language) OFF
* Turn Legitimate Web OFF ( Right one )

Changing these two sliders I can navigate but of course with very deprecated protection.

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
Current state:
-we have deployed a workaround that seems to have prevented the issue from occurring
-we are in progress of testing better workaround
-we however are still not able to reproduce this issue and are unsure why it happens
-we have cooperated with our users to gather data concerning the issue and provided it to Apple; we are waiting for their analysis.

Please if you experience this issue, contact our support (https://support.avast.com/en-ww/#mac).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 02:00:25 PM by ondrej.kolacek »