Author Topic: installation from USB stick?  (Read 742 times)

Offline pilot_per

installation from USB stick?
« on: October 08, 2023, 10:26:45 PM »
Hi,
does anybody know if it is possible to install the FREE Antivirus from an USB stick? How can I create such a stick? I need to install the program on an older PC (Win7) that does not have an internet access. The protection is needed, because the PC is regularly used with USB sticks from unknown persons...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: installation from USB stick?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2023, 01:37:58 AM »
To start with you would need to know that Win 7 is no longer supported by avast, some time in 2023, over two years after Microsoft ended win7 support.

I'm not sure what would be to latest version of Avast that would be supported.

What I see  as possibly your biggest obstacle is the lack of internet connection.
Yes it would be possible to download an off-line installation file for Avast (if you know the latest supported version) and a location you could download the executable on another PC save to a USB. Avast only has the current version available as an off-line installation .exe file.

Now you could install that on the win7 system, but here comes the biggest issue, with no internet connection you wouldn't be able to get Virus Definition updates and you can download those from another system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.7.6124 (build 24.7.9311.855) UI 1.0.811/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security