Author Topic: Avast Crashes the PC (can't uninstall or install it)  (Read 892 times)

Offline dNazarik

Avast Crashes the PC (can't uninstall or install it)
« on: October 09, 2023, 11:27:51 AM »
Hey guys, I have a magic issue

I reinstalled Windows and installed Avast Free. Then I realized that Windows named hard drives with new letters so I changed them. Avast was installed to F:/ drive and there is no more F:/ drive. The issue is that Avast remembers F drive. Here is the sample from the Registry Editor (I can't change it because of permissions)

The issue is if I leave my PC for 8-10 minutes without activity, Avast Services tries to do something in the background. After that the PC just reboots.
In the Event Viewer, I see a couple of Avast critical errors:

What have I tried:
1) delete all Avast files manually -> access denied (but some files were removed, won't help)
2) delete all Avast files in Safe mode -> access denied
3) disable Avast services -> access denied
4) install Avast again via the official installer -> infinity installation Avast popup
5) uninstall Avast via the official uninstaller -> infinity uninstallation Avast popup
6) uninstall Avast via 3rd party software -> no file(s) found
7) make myself an owner of Avast directories and repeat 1) and 2) -> access denied, can't even change the owner

Please, any ideas? I need to open YouTube videos to keep my PC running so Avast Services can't reboot it xD
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 11:30:00 AM by dNazarik »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast Crashes the PC (can't uninstall or install it)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2023, 11:54:57 AM »
Reinstall Windows, sett up drives correct before you reinstall avast

Offline dNazarik

Re: Avast Crashes the PC (can't uninstall or install it)
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2023, 09:56:39 AM »
reinstall Windows is always a solution xD