Author Topic: unauthorized payment deduction  (Read 3330 times)

Offline Jan214

unauthorized payment deduction
« on: October 15, 2023, 03:28:02 PM »
hi, does anyone have the same problem as me? – Avast Limassol (one of the authorized Avast products reseller) charged my credit card for an amount with no identification at all and no way to find out what the payment is supposed to refer to. I have purchased three products before and I know for sure that I have not purchased any additional products. I have automatic subscription renewal turned off for all products. Avast Support has been unresponsive for over a week now and there is really no way to contact them to get a response and a refund. The whole thing smells very much like a scam.

Offline leoni.turi

Re: unauthorized payment deduction
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2023, 06:58:15 AM »
Hi I had an unauthorized payment out of my bank of $119 NZD. My bank won't action anything until I have contacted the supplier. How do I contact Avast?
Leoni

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2023, 12:06:10 PM »
Hi I had an unauthorized payment out of my bank of $119 NZD. My bank won't action anything until I have contacted the supplier. How do I contact Avast?
Leoni

You could try this - Submit a support ticket You could try this to see if sales can track down your order -  Submit a support ticket https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales_other_general#pc  -
Refunds, cancellations, billing, payment or license issues and click Next.
I need help with a different subscription or billing issue.

@ Jan 214
I don't know how Avast Authorised seller payments are handled - are they directly to the reseller or via Avasts payments/sales. 
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Jan214

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2023, 12:39:09 PM »
hi, the thing is I have never purchased anything from the particular reseller Avast Limassol, who charged me - this is the most alarming detail - where did they get to my credit card details. And yes, the only way to contact Avast in my country is via the web form, which I did, no telephone contact available in Czechia. I had to terminate my card so far just to avoid any future Avast "payments", so - well done Avast.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2023, 01:59:21 PM »
First I don't work for avast so I can't answer for them.
As I said -"I don't know how Avast Authorised seller payments are handled - are they directly to the reseller or via Avasts payments/sales. 
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security