Author Topic: Can't remove 2FA  (Read 1983 times)

Offline Ink!

Can't remove 2FA
« on: November 23, 2023, 01:16:05 AM »
Hello, my phone that had google authenticator has broke and i can't access the 2fa codes anymore, so with that being said i can't log or manage into a lot of websites, however, some of them were easy to change and didn't require a 2fa code from a broken phone
but for avast, to remove 2fa i need to enter a 2fa code? i don't get it, i still have the google account so i should have full control but avast still asks me a 2fa code to remove 2fa, is there anything i can do to solve this quickly?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Can't remove 2FA
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2023, 01:30:01 AM »
I honestly don't know of one.

However, it shouldn't be easy to remove 2 factor authentication or anyone could try it on, not just for Avast but other user accounts.

However a 'google search' for google authenticator has broke and i can't access the 2fa codes (your wording) and that returns many hits.  Hopefully you will find a result.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
Re: Can't remove 2FA
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 01:20:05 AM »
Reach out to "avast support center" by emailing from your registered email on avast account. I've encountered a similar situation before. The support center is there to assist you in fixing it. Although it took them several times, they eventually noticed my plea.
Avast Security Premium - Windows 10, Android, iPadOS. | Avast One Free - Windows 11