Author Topic: Purchase now and activate when current subscription ends  (Read 761 times)

Offline thomas300

Purchase now and activate when current subscription ends
« on: November 26, 2023, 11:23:49 PM »
I have Avast Premium installed and want to try Avast One. I have 32 days on Premium and want to purchase Avast One while on sale (cyber Monday).

Is there a way to purchase Avast One now and activate later or get the extra month added from the Premium?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Purchase now and activate when current subscription ends
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2023, 12:42:43 AM »
Personally I would stick with what you are used too, unless there is something in Avast One Premium that you particularly want.

I personally don't use any of the Avast One product range and I use Avast Free Antivirus - there are differences in the Avast One range, some say greater range of components.  But for me the Avast One Essentials (Free) has less in the way of user configurability and different components.

As far as I'm aware, I don't believe there is a way to purchase under a special offer price, but defer the start period of the license.  This is the same as all purchases the licence period is active immediately.

You could of course uninstall Avast Premium and install the Avast One Premium on a trial (not sure if that would be 30 or 60 days) and pay at the end of that trial (or go back to Avast Premium).  However, you would lose any difference in the offer price, if that 60 days were greater value than the offer difference.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.7.6124 (build 24.7.9311.855) UI 1.0.811/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security