Author Topic: Warning happening repeatedly on TikTok site since last night  (Read 1684 times)

Offline alanspoll

Warning happening repeatedly on TikTok site since last night
« on: February 05, 2024, 11:19:54 PM »
I started getting an Avast message every 30 seconds or so from the TikTok site.  It says:

We've blocked a threat URL:Scam on https://im-api.tiktok.com/v1/message/get_by_user from being downloaded.

Not seeing any other reports of this. Anyone know what's up or what to look at?
Thanks!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Warning happening repeatedly on TikTok site since last night
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 02:12:42 AM »
I started getting an Avast message every 30 seconds or so from the TikTok site.  It says:

We've blocked a threat URL:Scam on hXXps://im-api.tiktok.com/v1/message/get_by_user from being downloaded.

Not seeing any other reports of this. Anyone know what's up or what to look at?
Thanks!

Please 'modify' your post change the URL from http to hXXp or www to wXw, to break the link and avoid accidental exposure to suspect sites, thanks. As I have in your quoted text.

- Were you intending to visit the site ?
If not start by clearing your browser cache and cookies,including 3rd party cookies and restart your browser.
If that resolves it you should be good to go.
If it doesn't try running your browser with add-ons disabled.

If that resolves it, have you added or updated any add-ons ?
If so try disabling that add-on - and restart and try again.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline prospetforum

• Prospect Kids
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 05:13:07 PM »
Hey everyone, I've been experiencing a strange issue with Avast popping up a message every 30 seconds or so while I'm on the TikTok website. It keeps saying something about blocking a threat URL related to a scam. I haven't seen anyone else mentioning this problem, so I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into what's going on or what I should do to address it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2024, 06:39:39 PM »
There really isn't much to work with here, when it happens take a screenshot of the alert 'window' with the Details option selected and attach it to your reply.

See my attached image (click to expand) to see how.

There is nothing to stop you following the instructions in the post above yours as something appears to be redirecting the connection (to a suspect).  The above instructions should ensure the redirection isn't coming from within your browser.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security