Author Topic: Avast stealing my money  (Read 1371 times)

Offline belowa2x4

Avast stealing my money
« on: February 06, 2024, 02:12:12 AM »
Anyone else here had Avast steal from them recently? I was charged $68.36 in Jan for a renew. In and of itself fine, I can get a refund. However, the charge, which is present on my bank statement and PayPal account, has conviently not showed up on my Avast profile payment history. Conveniently, after waiting in the phone with them for hours, they told me to wait 24 hours and try again. Well, it’s been almost two weeks and nothing has changed.

I already have a pending complaint through PayPal, but that’s going to take all month. Since I can’t get these assholes to answer the phone or be useful over email, I thought maybe screaming into the void here would get their attention.

So, fuck you avast! Maybe whatever mod takes this down for profanity can forward it to an actual English speaker human.

Also, the verification question of what year it is is wrong, you incompetent dicks. If you get a break in your busy schedule of choking on your own tongues maybe let someone in IT know.

Offline Tom127

Re: Avast stealing my money
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2024, 07:40:35 PM »
I was asked to purchase the full protection after a couple of years of free security after that 60 day trial.  Yes, so it automatically kicked into the yearly subscription.  I see my payment was made... and now they are asking again if I want to purchase their protection to deal with new issues... WHAT THE FUCK ???

So I have shit on my computer that I have now paid to have dealt with... and NOTHING !!!

Somehow, this will be turned into my fault somehow, for not... not what ?

Can't just find a contact number to speak with someone, just more pages that send me to garbage that doesn't help.

Fix this , or that's the only payment you will ever see from me ever again.  I'll be dropping you before the beginning of next month if you don't.

Offline ABQ_ean

Re: Avast stealing my money
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 03:11:30 AM »
Yes. I have similar experience and concerns of Avast using what I consider to be unfair business practices to sign people up for things they didn't want in the first place and then making it hard to cancel. I become especially concerned that if this happens to people who are more computer literate, what is happening to all the people who ARE NOT computer literate and being charged exhorbanant amounts. For example I was being charged for maybe 5 products???  One of those being VPN for 10 devices!! What would you like to do? I'm in.