Author Topic: wrong email subscription  (Read 1436 times)

Offline UnKnowN4

wrong email subscription
« on: February 16, 2024, 06:34:08 PM »
i did  buy the subscription
 but i forgot to  put a number in the email

i cant activate the the account cause its wrong please i really need help
the subscription will still on for the next payment i cant cancel it

i can send proof and tell u the right email i can even give u the card numbers for a proof please help me

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: wrong email subscription
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 07:20:23 PM »
Try this:
-  Sales change order details wrong email address given, etc. - Submit a support ticket You could try this to see if sales can track down your order.

-  Submit a support ticket https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales_other_general#pc  -
Refunds, cancellations, billing, payment or license issues and click Next.
I need help with a different subscription or billing issue.

I think the email option may be best as it establishes a support ticket with your email.  Give as much information that you can to help track down your payment and reissue the license if it has gone to an incorrect email address.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline UnKnowN4

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2024, 10:32:32 PM »
yea thats the problem
i tried but i have to put in the order ID that i cant get cause i dont own the subscription email .

i cant cancel or do anything without the email. [i did put a wrong email that i dont have a password for]

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024, 11:50:32 PM »
You don't have to have the subscription email as such, just the wrong one you entered and they can try and track that and any other information, name, etc.

Cancellation is somewhat different:
See -  Cancelling automatic renewal of the Avast subscription - See https://support.avast.com/en-en/article/35.

From that page select the "How can I cancel my Avast subscription?" option.
- You should also be able to open your existing Account right click on the AvastUI icon bottom right of windows > Registration that should end up taking you to the same area given in the above information.  This is essentially the same Avast Account used to logon to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security