Author Topic: Block of constant spamming  (Read 1647 times)

Offline Tom128

Block of constant spamming
« on: February 20, 2024, 03:42:23 PM »
Hi all,
I have really regretted buying this awefull product.
I really really hate that I constantly are poked to buy more and more and more...

Have anyone of you come up with a solution to BLOCK the Avast spamming???

Sincerely in need of help. Br. Tom

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Re: Block of constant spamming
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 05:49:09 PM »
first they give it to you for free, and when addicted you have to pay more and more  >:(

https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/antivirus-popup-notifications/

« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 05:51:03 PM by Pondus »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 01:46:16 AM »
- Avast in program ADs - These are a fact of the free version, but can be removed in paid versions of Avast - AvastUI > Menu > Settings > General - Personal Privacy and you can uncheck them, 'Show offers for other Avast Products' and 'Show offers for 3rd party products'.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline WillT

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2024, 09:37:35 PM »
It is not completely true that having a paid version of Avast will stop Avast from spamming you. I have paid Avast One and still get lots of annoying spammy popups and messages from Avast.

One example:  On my Samsung S22 Avast One is persistently putting the completely useless and unnecessary pop up stating the "Avast has you covered 24/7".   I have tried unchecking all items in notifications. (Which I don't want to do as a few of those are actually helpful.)   Also opted out of all improvements and offers in the privacy tab.   Nothing I can find turns off this annoying Avast self-promotion that is always taking up space in notifications and at the top of my screen.  I can dismiss it manually, which I do 10, 15, 20 or more times a day, but it comes back.  I am ready to remove Avast from my phone because of this intrusive popup that cannot be turned off.  There are also Avast messages that popup on my Windows 11 computer.  Granted these are not trying to upsell me, but they are spam, they are annoying and intrusive, and it appears Avast does not let you turn them off.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2024, 10:06:21 PM »
My belief and my response was based on the Windows Product and not the Android Avast Mobile Security. 
I only use the free version of Avast Mobile Security for android and surprisingly see very few .
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2024, 11:02:45 PM »
L.S.

If one combines it with the use of Blokada5 app (downloadable from Aptoide)
a clean experience can be guaranteed. Also with Avast Secure Browser for Android.

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline WillT

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2024, 01:29:07 AM »
My belief and my response was based on the Windows Product and not the Android Avast Mobile Security. 
I only use the free version of Avast Mobile Security for android and surprisingly see very few .

I also use Avast One on my Windows 11 computer.  There I do also get pop-up notifications telling me how well Avast is doing its job.  I just close them without much thought as on the computer with a mouse, it is a quick and easy dismissal.  On my phone with Avast one my main complaint is the notification that Avast One keeps giving me, and sticking at the top of my screen in the notification area that "Avast has you covered 24/7".  Beyond just being annoying to have to open the notifications and then close that one, it also keeps coming back.  So, Avast is telling me a dozen times a day that it is doing what I paid for and installed it to do.  It really is a dumb and useless notification and Avast should at least provide a way for paying customers to avoid these.

These days I am not really seeing upselling attempts as much as just Avast developers giving themselves pats on the back and constantly telling you what a great job their software is doing.  I prefer products to just work silently in the background and only interrupt me if there really is something I need to attend to. I don't need to be constantly interrupted just so they can tell me how wonderful Avast is.

But having said all that, I am still using Avast after at least 12 years so that says something about what I think of the other products I have tried.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 01:32:37 AM by WillT »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2024, 01:38:52 AM »
I have never used the Avast One product, I didn't like the interface when introduced and the limited configuration.  Whilst there were more components in Avast One I didn't feel I needed them. 

So I stuck with the Avast Antivirus Free product.

My reason for switching to Avast in the first place was its configurability and that almost 20 years ago.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 01:40:40 AM by DavidR »