Author Topic: Charged me twice in 2 years  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Linda70

Charged me twice in 2 years
« on: February 20, 2024, 10:54:23 PM »
I asked them last year to refund my money.  They did.  I told them to cancel my subscription.  They said they did.  I got charged again this year.  Wait time on phone is >0.5hr.  I hung up. >:(

Offline atlanticendolist3

• Atlantic endocrinology & diabetes center
Re: Charged me twice in 2 years
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 12:52:27 AM »
Hi Linda70,

Sorry to hear about your billing issue with Avast. I recommend capturing all charge details and contacting Avast support again, maybe try their email or live chat for faster response. Ensure you have evidence of your cancellation request. If unresolved, consider disputing the charge with your bank or credit card company. Hope this gets resolved quickly.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 01:41:18 AM »
Not sure what you tried ?
-  Cancelling automatic renewal of the Avast subscription - See https://support.avast.com/en-en/article/35.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline ABQ_ean

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 03:08:20 AM »
Linda, I have similar concerns about charges that I did not approve and the difficulty to actually cancel and get a refund.  I'm just going to say it and say that this is not a fair business practice, especially when it may cause special undue burden on older people and separating them from their money by making it hard to understand that they are "subscribing" for things (that they have not, when they didn't unclick a button) and then making it hard to cancel.