Author Topic: Cancelling an Avast Product  (Read 1527 times)

Offline service10

Cancelling an Avast Product
« on: February 27, 2024, 01:25:22 AM »
Well, it seems easy to subscribe to a product, HOWEVER, if you wish to cancel anything, you are made to make a phone call and sit On-hold, wasting time!

Highly recommend, NEVER set anything for auto subscription renewal!  Situations change.

I haven't had a computer requiring any third party software.  Should not be necessary to use the phone to cancel & get a refund for something.

If you can subscribe via a web page the same method should be available to reverse it.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Cancelling an Avast Product
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 02:07:30 AM »
-  Cancelling automatic renewal of the Avast subscription - See https://support.avast.com/en-en/article/35.

Also see:
Sales - Orders and Renewals FAQ - https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Alternative-unsubscribe/
Scroll down to the "How do I cancel automatic renewal of my Avast subscription?" option.

You don't have to phone, some areas can't do this anyway - Depending on your location you can Phone (which for you wasn't good) or Email - I think the email option may be best as it establishes a support ticket with your email.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.870) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline ABQ_ean

Re: Cancelling an Avast Product
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 03:05:17 AM »
I am very concerned that I got subscribed to things without maybe my understanding or knowledge. I was paying for so many Avast products including 10 VPNS!!!!  10!!!  The only way this could have happened is if I DIDN'T click on something to removed their automatic, "I want this" radial button, which should honestly be illegal as a consumer protection. I had so many Avast spam emails that I didn't even notice/pay attention to the ones that were real saying they were charging me for upteen products that I hadn't ordered because I didn't believe it.