Author Topic: Possible false positive by Avast regarding Google Chrome and Mozilla FireFox  (Read 467 times)

Offline missingno128

Google Chrome and Mozilla FireFox keep getting flagged every 45 mins to an hour and a half as having a connection to some anti-malware domain, Urlhaus.abuse.ch, aborted as being infected with BV:Downloaded-AEH [Drp]. I have gone though and done scans with Avast at least 20 times and have found nothing of the sort on my computer except once, and the result was a FireFox cache file (can't even find what Chrome is doing to set it off), to which Virus Total shows only 3/61 vendors have flagged as malicious. I've used scans of every type, used the Rescue Disk, Boot time scan, all turned up nothing. Even Malwarebytes couldn't find anything, and using System Restore doesn't work. Non-stop onslaught of alert popups or notifications in silent mode.
This is the Alert ID: 51f6a779e13a/2024-03-24T05:31:39.941Z
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 07:21:47 AM by missingno128 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Try clear Your browser history

In all major Internet browsers (e.g., Chrome, Edge, Firefox, IE, Opera), pressing Ctrl + Shift + Delete opens the Clear browsing data window to quickly clear private data and history

Does it still happen?
- If so try starting your browser with apps disabled.

Does it still happen?
If not, one of your browser add-ons would appear to be connecting to this site.
Now it is a bit of a pain, disabling one app at a time to find it.
Start with any app recently added and or apps recently updated.

Offline missingno128

Try clear Your browser history

In all major Internet browsers (e.g., Chrome, Edge, Firefox, IE, Opera), pressing Ctrl + Shift + Delete opens the Clear browsing data window to quickly clear private data and history

Does it still happen?
- If so try starting your browser with apps disabled.

Does it still happen?
If not, one of your browser add-ons would appear to be connecting to this site.
Now it is a bit of a pain, disabling one app at a time to find it.
Start with any app recently added and or apps recently updated.
Clearing my cache worked! Avast hasn't gone off in a few hours! Thanks!

I wonder what the connection to urlhaus.abuse.ch was for?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Something in the cache however it got there was trying to connect to it.

When you visit a site, information remains in cache, why that would want to connect to the site is a mystery, given it is almost impossible to determine after the fact.

What is stranger is:
Quote from: Extract
URLhaus is a project operated by abuse.ch with the purpose of sharing malicious URLs that are being used for malware distribution.
See this search - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=urlhaus

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security