Author Topic: virus deletes Avast  (Read 422 times)

Offline jerdonaldson

virus deletes Avast
« on: March 24, 2024, 11:20:13 PM »
Avast forum
 Windows 7, Avast Internet Security

I had Avast Internet Security installed on my wife's laptop when windows crashed. After running "restore" it came up but Avast is gone. It's not located in "installed programs" so it's completely gone.

How do I go about getting it downloading without having to pay for it again.

jerdonaldson

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: virus deletes Avast
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 02:08:35 AM »
You could try this: Submit a support ticket https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales_other_general#pc
Refunds, cancellations, billing, payment or license issues.

The text I have marked in bold would cover your question.  Pretty much all you would have to work on would be the email address used and the Product e.g. Avast Internet Security.

Depending on your location you can Phone or Email - I think the email option may be best as it establishes a support ticket with your email.  Give as much information that you can to help track down your payment and reissue the license if it has gone to an incorrect email address.

Does your wife know the email and password that would be part of her Avast Account ? 
If so she should be able to find the registration/subscription there and or assign it to the new installation. She should also be able to log into that account from the installation and connect the subscription.

You should still be able to download it (as a free trial) without having to purchase it right away.

Unfortunately you might run into another issue and that is in support for windows 7 I don't know how win7 will be supported by avast, but as far as I'm aware it is still supported.  But Win 7 is no longer supported or updated by Microsoft.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 02:11:22 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline jerdonaldson

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 04:44:40 AM »
DavidR,
 Thanks for the reply, all good suggestions.

I forgot to include one thing about this installation. When I originally downloaded Avast to her laptop I used my email address. I check on my Avast account and the installation is still valid but I can't download it to her laptop.

I submitted a help request to the link you provided asking to switch the account to her laptop.

I'll post what happens.

jerdonaldson

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2024, 12:41:30 PM »
You shouldn't have to download it (the subscription) to her laptop.

As I use Avast Free Antivirus I can't speak from personal experience, so I don't know how you can assign that to her laptop. 

But I would have thought it should be possible to download Avast Premier install it on her laptop.   Then by 'you logging on to your account from that laptop' and assigning that license/subscription to the laptop.  You have to ensure that whatever the license you have doesn't exceed the total number of systems it is installed on.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security