Author Topic: Cloudflare Turnstile Captcha vs. Avast AntiTrack  (Read 457 times)

Offline RendCycle

Cloudflare Turnstile Captcha vs. Avast AntiTrack
« on: March 25, 2024, 11:28:22 AM »
For months, my web browsers were being blocked by websites that uses Cloudflare Turnstile Captcha. I have even contacted website owners to check on their Cloudflare settings. But my issues were not resolved. I discovered recently that the culprit was Avast AntiTrack software which I have installed on my PC. Even if I deactivate it as Extension on my web browser, it is still active in the background. When I turned off the toggle for the web browser in the Avast AntiTrack software itself, Cloudflare gave me access to the website it is guarding.

Is there any way I can still use Avast AntiTrack for specific websites and turn it off for selected ones? It seems a waste to pay for the software and not be able to use it because I cannot visit Cloudflare Turnstile Captcha protected sites.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 11:32:13 AM by RendCycle »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Cloudflare Turnstile Captcha vs. Avast AntiTrack
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 12:55:11 PM »
I'm not sure the purpose of this post is the active link with name could be viewed as link spamming.  The reason I say this is I don't get an alert when visiting a site, this tactic is often used by spammers to promote a site in a post.

If you are getting an Alert the best option is to attach and image (of the Avast Alert with Details option selected) to your post in the forum (not embed it as you have before).
Attaching Images to your post - When you Click the Reply button it opens a text window for you to post your comment (reply or post).
Click the Preview button, that shows what you have input and expands it to include 'Attachments and other options'. Click that it further expands, here you can attach images, etc. at the bottom of your post.
See my attached image, click to expand.

Reporting a Possible False Positive File or Website - https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security