Author Topic: Issue with Melcloud Mitsubishi air conditioning application and Avast?  (Read 1784 times)

Offline SamMitsu

Hello,

I am reaching out to you because I recently encountered an issue with my Wi-Fi application Melcloud, which is used to control my MSZ-HR35VF and MUZ-HR35VF air conditioner remotely. I suspect that Avast, my antivirus software, may potentially be blocking access to this application, making it difficult to use.

The Melcloud Mitsubishi application was working perfectly until recently, but it now seems to be experiencing connection and functionality issues. I have not made any major changes to my device or network settings, which leads me to believe that the problem could be related to Avast.

I am aware that antivirus software can sometimes interfere with certain applications, even if they are legitimate. However, I would like confirmation from Avast to determine if this could be the case in this situation.

Could you please check if Avast is blocking the Melcloud Wi-Fi application and, if so, provide me with instructions on how to resolve this issue? My goal is to be able to use my Melcloud application safely and effectively again.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and attention to this matter. If you require further information from me, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,

Sam

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Check the Avast UI > Protection >  Firewall > Networks -
If the connections to this Wi-Fi application Melcloud devices you consider should/can be trusted (e.g. are on your local network) you can set it to Trusted.

You can open the Show Settings and choose what is appropriate for this device/connection.

See attached images, click to expand.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline duclercq1

Hello Sam,

I have to same issue with my Mitsubishi.
Did you find the solution please ?

Thank you
Frederic

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Try following the suggestions given in my reply above yours.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline duclercq1

Thanx David.

But I had the info that there is a global incident on Mitsubishi wifi access.
Then I just have to wait a few until they solve the issue.

Frederic.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Even if there is an issue with Mitsubishi wifi access (global incident), I still think that you need to have the Firewall and Network settings setup as mentioned.

If this were/could be being used maliciously I would have expected an Avast Alert, rather than "blocking access to this application" as the original poster suggests.

Offline duclercq1

Ok,
thank you very much.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
You're welcome.

Offline KingKreole

I don't think this has got anything to do with Avast. On multiple forums it has been reported MelCloud is down. Same here, I tried in vain to fix my own home network when my both Mitsubishi RW35's dropped from MelCloud connection. My efforts were all in vain. I've got no firewall, both RW35's are connected to my router, and are active.

MelCloud customer support sucks. I've sent them two messages, they haven't replied anything.

Seems others around the globe are in same situation, and people are looking for 3rd party alternatives to MelCloud on Github.

I hope this helps. Thanks.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Thanks for the information.  Sorry this has happened.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801