Author Topic: “This site contains deceptive content” every time I launch the browser  (Read 1949 times)

Offline hughes.takya

Every time I try to use the browser now, this message is all it shows me:

Web Shield has detected a variety of fishing items on avast_browser_tiles.tiles.ampfeed.com That might attempt to trick you into installing harmful software on your computer and revealing your sensitive personal information such as passwords, bank, account information, etc.

It was working not 15 minutes ago, so I don’t know what could have happened between then and now to cause this, but if anybody has any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this, I’m open to answers.

I have tried repairing the browser, and I have also uninstalled and reinstalled. I ran a smart scan, I’ve cleared my browsing data, and I have checked my Security & Privacy Center to make sure all of my settings are to my liking, and still I’m receiving this message.

Also, I have an Avast One membership—hopefully that’ll give you all some more information on my issue.

Offline bluenotes

This just happened to me. Out of the blue. I just posted after you.
Hopefully, we get a quick fix.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
A screenshot of the Avast alert with the Details option enabled may help. - Attaching Images to your post - When you Click the Reply button it opens a text window for you to post your comment (reply or post).
Click the Preview button, that shows what you have input and expands it to include 'Attachments and other options'. Click that it further expands, here you can attach images, etc. at the bottom of your post.
See my attached image, click to expand.

As a start point:
Clear browser cache - Were you intending to visit the site ?
If not start by clearing your browser cache and cookies,including 3rd party cookies and restart your browser.
If that resolves it you should be good to go.
If it doesn't try running your browser with add-ons disabled.

If that resolves it, have you added or updated any add-ons ?
If so try disabling that add-on - and restart and try again.
If still not resolved and you are using Chrome based browser - try this suggest by Avast Team member 'lukor'
What about page notifications? Here: chrome://settings/content/notifications ? Do you have all cleared?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.862) UI 1.0.814/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Sandu-RM

• Taking care of the Secure Browser releases
Dear user,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're genuinely sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Our team is already looking into the issue and working to resolve it promptly. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Sandu

Offline Sandu-RM

• Taking care of the Secure Browser releases
It looks like this was a false positive and it should be fixed now.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Sandu

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
@ Sandu-RM
Thanks for the confirmation.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.862) UI 1.0.814/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security