Author Topic: Ho to get rid of "Your protection is up and running" notification?  (Read 825 times)

Offline vigorous

After the recent update, every time I start a PC I receive a notification from Avast saying "Your protection is up and running".
How do I turn it off permanently? It's completely useless and annoying.
I turned on Limited mode in Avast's notifications settings but to no avail.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline vigorous

Re: Ho to get rid of "Your protection is up and running" notification?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2024, 02:01:04 PM »
Thanks, DavidR.
Looks like I am not the only annoyed by this new "feature".
Will uncheck banners and notification center notifications in Windows settings and see how it goes.
If Avast won't remove it, I'll probably consider uninstalling Avast and stick to Microsoft Defender Antivirus.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2024, 02:13:53 PM »
You're welcome.

It really hasn't been that much of a hassle for me, on a laptop I don't often restart the system.  And in this case I hardly noticed (excuse the pun) change in the windows notification to indicate a notification.

As far as Avast Notifications settings go, I have the Pop-up Notifications Treatment set to Limited.  So I don't get that much in the way of hassle and no way I would switch to Defender over this, but I have only been using Avast for 20 years.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2024, 04:27:00 PM »
You're welcome.

It really hasn't been that much of a hassle for me, on a laptop I don't often restart the system.  And in this case I hardly noticed (excuse the pun) change in the windows notification to indicate a notification.

As far as Avast Notifications settings go, I have the Pop-up Notifications Treatment set to Limited.  So I don't get that much in the way of hassle and no way I would switch to Defender over this, but I have only been using Avast for 20 years.

This does NOTHING. This new popup is stupid and unnecessary. I already see an orange ball in the taskbar. Now I have to clear the stupid notification area after every boot because if I don't the bell is colored like I have something important in the notification center.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks

Offline vigorous

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2024, 09:47:57 PM »
This does NOTHING. This new popup is stupid and unnecessary. I already see an orange ball in the taskbar. Now I have to clear the stupid notification area after every boot because if I don't the bell is colored like I have something important in the notification center.

I agree.
Although for some reason last two times when I booted my PC I didn't have this notification. Not sure if this has something to do with Limited Mode in Avast settings or that I disabled banners for Avast in Windows settings. I believe it's the latter.

Offline rene.hubert

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2024, 03:53:27 AM »
Hey vigorous,

I completely understand your frustration with that annoying notification from Avast. It can be really irritating to be constantly bombarded with notifications that offer no real value. But don't worry, there are a few steps you can take to get rid of this pesky "Your protection is up and running" notification.

Firstly, it's great to hear that you've already tried enabling Limited Mode in the Avast notification settings. That's definitely a step in the right direction. Another option is to disable banners and notifications in the Windows Settings menu. By turning off these options, you might be able to permanently get rid of those annoying Avast notifications.

If none of that works, you could also consider uninstalling Avast and switching to Microsoft Defender Antivirus instead. While that's a drastic measure, if Avast isn't willing to remove the notification, it could be a viable option.

I hope these tips help you solve this annoying problem. If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to reach out!
Hi

Offline Nunzio77

• Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2024, 06:39:38 AM »
Finally Avast had given the possibility of no longer displaying useless notifications to activate new paid features for those who didn't want them, now a new useless notification appears reminding you that you are protected when in reality there is already a notification in the taskbar.  It seems like they do this on purpose to make people uninstall Avast and choose alternative free AVs. 
Remove this useless notification!!!!!
Thank you and good day!
Nunzio
----------------------------
Avast Free - Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7500, RAM 4 Gb, SDD 512 Gb, ATI Mobile Radeon HD 2400 - Avast Mobile Security Free - Smartphone Android

Offline kro666

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2024, 04:33:27 AM »
Agree with everyone else. Notifications are for things I need to be notified about. I don't think anyone wants "Everybody stop what you're doing and listen to this important announcement. There is nothing wrong." It's annoying and  it's  waste of time. The security package that cries wolf every time it's starts working is counterproductive.

Offline Oh my

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2024, 02:40:28 PM »
+1