Author Topic: Is there any way to install Avast One so it does not launch on Windows Startup?  (Read 489 times)

Offline Jesse31

I have had to uninstall Avast One because it is too aggressive in stopping activities that are not in fact malicious. That being said, is there any way to install Avast One so that it does not launch on Windows Startup?
In other words, I want to be able to start Avast One when I want it to start, not every time I turn on my PC.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
I have had to uninstall Avast One because it is too aggressive in stopping activities that are not in fact malicious.
Does this happen at startup?
Have you changed any scan settings?
What is detected? Post screenshot

If you right click on tray icon, is there a option to pause shields?

If you are on Win10/11 there is the option to use Windows defender

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
We need examples of what programs Avast One is killing on startup.

Point of having any real-time antivirus is to protect your system all the time from threats that start before windows starts, after it finishes booting, during normal use, and finally, during shutdown.

Avast One is no different in operation from other anti-viruses. 

Do you have two anti viruses running at the same time?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Microsoft Windows Defender - Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI version 1.0.803

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I have seen somewhere that if you re-enable the Windows Defender AV element (Windows disables that when you install a 3rd party AV), then Avast may go into a passive mode.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security